“Good experience”

Ranked #18 of 211 Restaurants in Caloundra
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Caloundra's longest-standing, full-service licensed restaurant. Extensive range of meals to suit all tastes with options in every category. Greats "Meal Deals" at every sitting, Children's Menu and Gluten Free and Vegetarian choices.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Six of us dined on a Friday night. I rang and check on gluten-free options for one of us (no GF pizza :( ) which are very limited but they offered to pre-cook some spaghetti (so we wouldn't have to wait too long to cook it when we arrived) As per my pictures the scallops were excellent, I had the veal, which was pretty good but the sauce had more subtle flavours (couldn't really pick the white & spices flavour in the sauce) we also shared a pizza and others had various pastas, which were also good. The food didn't come as quick as we had hoped, but within a reasonable time (25 mins) the restaurant wasn't too busy.
One small thing with drink order - my teenage daughter ordered a coke and my son went to order a soft drink too, so I asked if they sold jugs of softdrink - yes they did - so I said we'd have a whole jug instead. When the drinks came, they bought the glass of coke (that i didnt want) plus a whole jug! I said that was incorrect.. but they didn't offer to take the coke away so I said he would have to drink the whole jug and I paid for both. Bit stingy, but since I enjoyed a glass of bubbly I wasn't going to have an argument.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

There is a very well price mid-week deal - 3 courses for under $25, but unfortunately the experience didn't live up to expectations.

The restaurant itself is okay, there is a good Italian-like theme going on but a bit tacky...you know, the paper tablecloths and wobbly tables etc.

It was very busy when we went and only 2 servers, which made the service particularly bad. Asked for something and were told "you will have to wait".... And it never came.

Food reminded me of school dinners - cheap rubbish basically.

Would not return, despite the appealing price.

PS - a beetle crawled out of our salad.

2  Thank 2shots3089
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Looking for a week night bite in Caloundra. I stumbled on a sandwich board advertising Jeromes! Wow - from been welcomed in, listened to a selection of 60's/70's/80's music video's and seeing 3 course meals for $23.50 and coffee from $2.50. The décor took you back to the 70's/80's, the prices, food and hospitality were great. Steak cooked to perfection, a variety of menu options to select from. You wouldn't think you were dining alone.

1  Thank famlyof5hols
Reviewed 5 March 2014

While the food and service were very good the overall experience was spoilt by the billing system. When ordering stated we would have the lunch special and were advised that one of the entree's was not available. We ordered the mains and one of the other entrees. As said the food was very good but when paying we were charged full price for one meal, it being $3 dearer than the lunch special. Notwithstanding their inability to provide the intended entree they refused to honour the request that we be only charged the lunch menu price. Very disappointing and won't return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I were only in Caloundra for 4 nights and we ended up dining at Jeromes two of the four evenings. The staff are wonderful, the food delicious and value for money. Looking forward to our next trip to Caloundra to visit Jeromes.