“Great service”

Description: Chinese food
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Great service”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Popped in to get some takeaway, the young girl at the front was so friendly and helpful. Our order barely took 10 minutes and there were free prawn crackers and jelly beans for my daughter to munch on while we waited. As I was leaving, a young girl from the kitchen came running out to stop me because my husband had requested his dish to be extra extra spicy & she hadn't put the fresh chili in his dish yet! Sweet and sour chicken was slightly bland but that's about the only complaint. Customer service from all the staff was impeccable.

Glass House Mountains, Australia
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family love this restaurant. The lady is amazing and so helpful. Love that they are open everyday for lunch and dinner.

• Visited June 2014
Maleny
“Good food ....service terrible”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

On arrival we found that we were the only 4 booked in that night although the restaurant was half full. We were given a table by the air conditioner which was on full blast blowing cold air...We asked that it was turned down ,and it was. We did have jumpers and coats

Food and service were fine until near the end of our meal. I saw the lady owner indicate to start clearing our table to the staff. We had to ask them to leave quarter full dishes when they wanted to clear them as we were still eating. 5 times in 5 minutes they tried again. the 2 ladies had finished so their dishes vanished and the 2 men had to fight to retain the food left until we had finished too...at one point a waitress stood over me waiting to take my dish as I cleared it.....no chance to get some more in it as the plates went off......
We did not want anything else and although I and my mate had beer still left they continued to clear out table.
We continued to chat for a few minutes and twice we were asked if we wanted anything else ..NO THANKYOU...
Now I checked to see that 4 tables were empty, no customers were waiting .why were we been forced out?
We were 4 seniors, dressed in clean nice clothes ...1 ex policeman and 3 business people ,so no loud noises or trouble.
The final straw was the air conditioning was turned up FULL so that things were blowing around like paper napkins.

Yes we got the message and left...yes good food but other restaurants will get our custom we go out to eat around Caloundra twice a week..
they will not see us again

• Visited June 2014
chinese-h-restaurant, Manager at Chinese Holiday Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 August 2016
Hi carolpaul14,

I am disappointed to hear about your experience here at the Chinese Holiday Restaurant. We try our best to train our staff to the best of our ability, I am deeply sorry that the level of professionalism was not to your satisfaction. We are always trying to improve our restaurant, so your feedback is highly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your encounter.

Kind regards, the Chinese Holiday Restaurant.
Brisbane, Australia
“just okay”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Had take away and meal was just acceptable for the price.
Will not use again will try different restaurant next time

Visited May 2014
Geelong, Australia
“excellent food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

excellent and friendly service, great food especially the seafood dishes. they are served with large King Prawns, scallops, fish, calamari and best served with fried rice.

Visited May 2014