“Extremely disappointing”

Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Alfie's Mooo Char & Bar is an modern Australian A la Carte dining restaurant open for lunch & dinner 7 days a week. We offer only the best quality in Steaks, Nolan's Meat. Also a wide range of seafood, duck and many other modern dishes to please the fussiest pallet. Alfie's has a beautiful view of Pumistone Passage out to Bribie Island and on to Bulcock Beach. We are fully licensed with boutique beers, fabulous cocktails and plenty of wine to choose from to pass the afternoon or evening away. Or maybe enjoy our live music on a Sunday lunch. We do recommend booking. Enjoy. We look forward to meeting you..
Reviewed 24 September 2013

High hopes but so let down. A group of 4 we arrived for lunch and ordered mains and some dips, we knew we were in trouble when the dips never arrived. Then 2 of the meals were delivered to the table and after a further 10 minutes the 3rd was delivered and then finally the 4th. One had a seafood fettuccine with a blue cheese sauce which was so heavy it over powered the meal, another order the Mediterranean salad which they described as excellent, the 3rd had the macadamia fish special and would not order it again, whilst I ordered the hot seafood platter which could best be described as "horrid". Extremely poor quality ingredients, over battered/crumbed, greasy and bizarrely not even a single chip on the plate. For the price paid it was absurd. Not a single one of us will ever be returning to this establishment.

1  Thank BeautGem

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Had the Seafood Platter and could not fault it at all. Also quite late Sunday evening when we entered the restaurant but the staff were fantastic and we were not rushed at all. Will definitely pay a return visit next time we are in Caloundra.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Waited just over an hour for our food, steak was overcooked and dry, mashed potato was cold and lumpy. Food is expensive yet is of a lesser quality then what I would expect from a country pub. Wait staff and management were lovely and saves this from being a 1 star review. This place needs to overhaul their kitchen staff. Very sub standard guys.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Heard lots of good things .. bit expensive for what you get, service ordinary they could of sold us more drinks but after initial order never came back near us, steak bit tough,vegies fresh and tasty

1  Thank 65fat
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Well I was so pleasantly surprised, I was again driven to write about my dining adventure..

We had friends up from Brisbane who suggested we have a ''counter lunch'' and I thought we'd try Alfie's Mooo Char & Bar (first time):What a lovely experience it was.

All four of us ended up ordering different items from the $15 lunch special and different drinks all round. Everyone at the table commented what a beautiful location, excellent table service (Leigh), all with tasty and plentiful food on the plate.

I said surprise initially because I thought it might be too up market but is is not and we will be back and I will suggest frequently as I am lucky to be a local.

One word to cover it is impressed.