“Disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Alfies Moo Char Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 203 Restaurants in Caloundra
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I have been to Alfies quite a few times. Last time I was there 2 months ago I was dissapointed . I was told it was a new menu so I thought okay just a bad night .Last night I took 20 family members there only to be disappointed once again . Not only me but only 2 people enjoyed their meal .No return patronage from us which is a shame.

1 Thank Jody W
John C, Owner at Alfies Moo Char Bar and Grill, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
First of all I apologize for not answering this posting sooner as I have been out of the country. We are very disappointed that the dining experience for you and your family with us was not what you had expected. I have discussed the points you made with our staff so that they are aware of the problems you had on the night. If you wish to call the restaurant, I would be more than happy to discuss this with you in more detail. Once again please accept our apologies.
Regards
John

Caloundra, Australia
“What's happened????”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Being a local and a patron for the past 5 years I am surprised and extremely disappointed with the food and service last night. It was explained to us the menu has recently been changed but boy o boy what a mistake I believe that has been. Love my oysters and up until last night always said Alfie served the best - creamy kilpatrick in a word 'terrible'. Pizza bread lovely and filled us up after waiting 45 minutes for it to arrive. Another half hour when main meal arrived - my pasta was 'just' warm with the scallops nearly cooked and husbands pork ribs drowned in a strange 'plum' sauce. To anyone considering dining here my advice would be that there are a lot of better venues in Caloundra but if you do go 'good luck'

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Firstly I must apologize for the lateness in replying to your post, but I have been out of the country and only recently returned. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor dining experience when you last visited our restaurant. We do not want any customer especially those who are regulars, to go away having had a bad experience. I am not sure what night you were at the restaurant, but if you wish to call me at the restaurant I would like to be able to discuss the problems with you personally. Once again we deeply apologize for your experience and the inconvenience it as caused you.
Regards
John
Brisbane, Australia
“Great steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Alfie's is where you'll get the best steak on the Sunshine Coast. We have been a few times now and haven't been disappointed. The steak is tender, cooked precisely as you ask and the seafood is pretty decent too.

The staff are exceptional. They were offering $10 cocktails on the night we were there...perhaps to make up for the obnoxiously loud table of 10 making themselves heard throughout the restaurant.

It's casual dining with lovely views.

My only criticism is the cocktails. And I'm aware they were cheap cocktails but the long island iced tea didn't taste at all like it was supposed to. My advise is to get the bar staff to brush up on their cocktail mixing skills. Small thing though. I'm a happy repeat customer overall.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caloundra, Australia
“Really should be doing better for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

A bit hit and miss really. On the one hand serving the best Kilpatrick I've eaten, on another, beautiful steaks without any seasoning and bland mushroom sauce. At $40 a steak you need to get that stuff right. CBX up the road does better steak and sauce for lunch for $10. Chefs must season food!

• Visited September 2013
Brisbane
“Extremely disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

High hopes but so let down. A group of 4 we arrived for lunch and ordered mains and some dips, we knew we were in trouble when the dips never arrived. Then 2 of the meals were delivered to the table and after a further 10 minutes the 3rd was delivered and then finally the 4th. One had a seafood fettuccine with a blue cheese sauce which was so heavy it over powered the meal, another order the Mediterranean salad which they described as excellent, the 3rd had the macadamia fish special and would not order it again, whilst I ordered the hot seafood platter which could best be described as "horrid". Extremely poor quality ingredients, over battered/crumbed, greasy and bizarrely not even a single chip on the plate. For the price paid it was absurd. Not a single one of us will ever be returning to this establishment.

Visited September 2013