“Severe weather”

Caloundra Waterfront Holiday Park
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Due to the severe weather event on the Australia Day weekend we were unable to stay at the park, although we had prepaid for our stay it was unsafe for us to travel to caloundra so we, and many others, had to cancel. When I asked if we could use our booking for another time I was told the CEO HAD MADE THE DECISION TO NOT ALLOW PEOPLE TO REBOOK RESULTING IN THE LOSS OFALL MONEY PAID. the lady I spoke to was very nice but it was out of her hands. Considering the severity of the weather event I find this decision both ignorant and unfair. It's safe to say we won't be returning to this park, we will however choose a more liberal and understanding park such as the one at dickey beach.

4  Thank Tictac121

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed in a cabin overlooking the water for the christmas week, the cabins were very clean the only downfall was the bedrooms did not have any airconditioning so they were extremely hot. Both bedrooms had ceiling fans, but over a queensland christmas period it was not sufficient. Christmas eve, my husbands bike was stolen off our balcony on the cabin so it was a very dissappointing incident to wake up to on christmas morning, after going to the police, the reception staff were not able to show my husband the footage until 3 days after the incident. The reception staff also reported to my husband when he explained his bike was missing that one of the staff bikes had been taken recently as well - this vital information would have been really great if it was passed on to the guests, we would of taken extra precautions. The bike has still not shown up and was a very expensive one, so it was certainly a holiday to remember but maybe not for all the positive reasons. This area I have since found out has a lot of youth crime, so if you are planning a trip here just be careful with your belongings

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane O
CaloundraHP, General Manager at Caloundra Waterfront Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hi Jane,

We are sorry for your loss. Thanks for your feedback. Since your incident, we have trained more staff members to be able to use the CCTV facilities (at the time, the manager who was in charge of the CCTV was on holidays). We enjoy a safe/crime free environment most of the time, but from time to time there are minor incidents of petty theft (common in lots of built up coastal areas).

Most of our guests do take the time to secure their possessions, so next time we'd suggest investing in a lock for your bike.

- Angus

Reviewed 19 January 2013

This park was clean and tidy, but nowhere near the usual Big 4 standard we have grown accustomed to.
On booking we were told no skateboards or scooters, when we got there, you can actually have scooters within the park, but no skateboards. Not sure of the difference.
The office staff are absolutely horrendously rude and abrupt.
1 camp kitchen for around 40 sites, makes it a little difficult.
Unable to peg a tent into the campsites, as they must be on solid rock. If you plan to camp there, make sure you buy really strong, sharp pegs & a good mallet.
Very noisy with busy road.
This park is more for cabin stayers rather than campers.
Loved that Ray welcomed us on arrival.
Management do not really like children, and there was only 1 holiday activity for the children during the entire week we were there.
Would definitely not stay in this Big 4 again, and as far as Big 4's go, this is would be a the lower end.
The park & it's amenities are kept very clean, the cleaners & groundsmen do a very good job.

3  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed 17 January 2013

This place was magical!
Firstly, we stayed in the Frangipani three bedroom cabin. It was SO CLEAN. And so so comfortable. I travelled with my elderly parents, my 10 year old and my baby. So as you can imagine, it needed to suit us all, and it did!
Kitchen was great, bbq only a walk away, view to the water just across a walkway, a fish and chip shop a stroll away. Coles and Kmart shopping across the street. 5 minute drive to beach!!
The pool was strangely small for a park of that size, but my son loved it. He also loved the freedom to ride his bike around safely.
There was nowhere to bath my baby, but staff solved that in seconds by giving me a key to the baby room which was a short stroll away. That was fantastic!
I'm a bit fussy when it comes to holiday parks, and I've been to quite a few. This park made me want to join Big4 and book for easter!!
If you are doubting, don't, this place is awesome!!!

Room Tip: Frangipani room was away from the main area of the park, the only noise we heard was boats going in...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lizziehobb
Reviewed 16 January 2013

This is a lovely caravan park, very true to the Big 4 style. It's has obviously been completely overhauled since google maps pics were taken so I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and design of the park and amenities.

I was a little disappointed with our initial greeting at the front desk. A rather rude nonchalant older lady greeted us with a very solemn attitude. Looking over the top of her glasses she spoke quite abrupt and after a 6 hr drive, the least she could offer is service with a smile. After all, smiles are free! I don't expect bells and whistles on arrival, but a simple smile with a pleasant greet would be nice.

The only bad thing about this park is traffic noise. It seems to go all night long. The park is on a main road through the town and it is very busy! So, if you're a light sleeper, this is not for you!

Would I stay here again? Probably not. I've stayed in better that are not that far from here.

3  Thank Wendy R
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We had a wonderful stay in our caravan for 4 nights in Nov 2012 & were impressed with the layout,cleanliness,generous sites & the friendly staff that welcomed us when we first arrived. Our site didn't have a slab so we were able to change without too much fuss,even though it was quite noisy towards the main road,we would request a site further away from the road next time.It is a lovely park with lot's of great walks & cafe's & restaurants close by along the waterfront.We will return to this Park again as we love the position & the staff were always very helpful,thanks Angus!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank carol p
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We booked this park to explore the Australia Zoo and the Glass House Mountains. And what a fantastic park this is. Originally we planned to stay just 1 night, we ended up staying 4 nights. The amenities are absolutely clean, so is the camp kitchen. The pool was a little bit too cool, but after a long day of hiking in the sun we really enjoyed the cool-down. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple