Caloundra Waterfront Holiday Park
US$306
US$297
Agoda.com
  • Pool
City Centre Motel(Caloundra)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$93
Hotwire.com
Ocean Views Resort(Caloundra)(Great Value!)
US$118
Hotels.com
Raintrees Resort(Caloundra)
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsjumping pillowcaravan sitebedroom cabincamp kitchenamenities blockacross the roadheated poolshopping centreclean amenitiescamper trailergreat poolshort strolleither directionsunshine coastbeautiful spotkids loved the poolbbq area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have been camping at this park every Christmas/NewYear for over ten years, and seen it transformed into a modern, well laid out holiday park. I cannot fault the facilities and the staff are just simply awesome. Where else can I setup my tent and leave my tinny in the creek not more than 3 metres away? Within a 1km radius you have the best eating out options and the top it off, just about every Club has a courtesy bus that will pick up and set down at the front gate for no charge. Park the car and leave it, it's not required to get around. Angus, you and your staff can stand up and take a bow.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We are doing a driving holiday from Brisbane to Townsville with our two girls and this was our first stop after flying from Tassie, and it did not disappoint! We stayed in a 2 bedroom Banksia" villa which was modern, extremely clean and roomy for a family of four. We were situated straight across from the pool and jumping pillow, so the kids were happy! The pool was clean and the kids had a great time on the water slide...Two shade sails protect from the sun during the heat of the day! The park is close by to all amenities and was reasonably quiet. The only thing I would say is that the cabins were quite close in proximity to others and in the cabin next door, the family had numerous kids who decided to scream and cry at 5.30 am and this woke our kids up. An early
start for all of us. This was not the park's fault, of course, but it was evident that the cabin walls were very thin. A very affordable way to stay in Caloundra - such a gorgeous place. Would like to come back and spend a bit more time in the future!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our fishing club recently stayed here, this was our 2nd visit to this park and will be our last! The park and facilities are very good but the staff are disgustingly rude! The older woman in the office is very rude and arrogant. (this was not only to us).... Common sense should prevail with some of your "rules". We had two cars as my father met us there. There is enough parking for a car and a boat, but we had no boat, but 2 cars. The last time we visited we had two cars and could take both in.... We took two cars in this time, then the groundsman (Richard, i think his name is) came to us.... His behaviour this evening was totally unacceptable! at anytime. He stood over the top of my 70 yo father with the finger in his face telling him to get the car out. Then told us he was going to organise a refund and we could leave ..... This place is like a concentration camp with his eyes on you all the time, telling you what not the kids can and cant do... btw...he should be wearing a helmet around the park on his bike???
For the cost of the units you would think some fresh towels would be available especially in wet weather when they don't dry........
This park is good, but if you dont want to feel unwelcomed from the time you walk in the office or intimidated by the groundsman I would stay elsewhere........

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank kim B
CaloundraHP, General Manager at Caloundra Waterfront Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hi Kim,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review as all feedback is welcome. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay in the park this year. I notice you had a number of issues with the park so I'll respond to each.

* Parking: The weekend you stayed the park was exceptionally full. The highest priority of my staff is the safety of our guests (in particular our youngest guests). So in the interests of safety and fairness to all guests we maintain a simple one car per site rule. It is explained to all guests at check in and really is simply based on the amount of available space and what is safe. When it was noticed that you tail gated into the park we asked politely for you to remove the car, to which your father abused my staff member. We left it a while and we came back again and was again abused by father.

* Towels: We are always happy to re-supply towels, we understand how hard it can be in the advent of bad weather, all you needed to do was ask at reception.

* Rules: We do our best to stay out of the way and let our guests have a good time, unfortunately where safety or other guests comfort and enjoyment of the park is compromised we will step in. None of my staff enjoy having to talk to guests about rules, but the comfort of all guests is extremely important to us.

If you'd wish to discuss it further, please feel free to contact me on enquiry@caloundraholidaypark.com.au and I'm happy to talk with you.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Very disappointed with this park, arrived to a very friendly check in lady Maria Thank you, but it went down hill from there. Camping sites are a joke we have a standard Camper trailer and we were lucky to have an inch on either side of it, you are packed into there like sardines in a tin, as a result of this apparently its bad to be sitting out with fellow campers having a drink/laugh past midnight ( might i mention we had kids with us from 9 weeks to 7 yrs so the NOISE was very minimal didn't want them awake we didn't even have any music going) but still a complaint went out and the next night were advised at 9pm to keep quiet, maybe allow your guest some room so all are not on top of each other, amenities were modern but far from clean, the up side was its in a good location and the beach was great, but we will not return to this park,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca G

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. I'll try and address each of the points:

* Noise: We are in the business of holidays so we do our best to stay out of the way and lets guests enjoy themselves, however we do get involved if it is disrupting the enjoyment of other guests in the park. As you noted, we weren't involved at all on your first night's stay and we let the night owls play, unfortunately on your second night, we had two phone complaints from other guests in the park, so roughly 10:30pm we politely asked your group to keep it a little quieter. We certainly don't want to be the fun police, but certainly want to ensure that everyone enjoys the park.

* Campsite Size: We have taken your feedback about sites you were on and doing our best to keep camper trailers off those sites. In our defence though you were originally booked on larger sites, but you chose to move the smaller sites, a small detail skipped in your review.

* Amenities Cleanliness: Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in the presentation of our park and amenities (if fact its where we get our highest praise). Our amenities are usually of a very high standard, so we will keep a super watchful eye.

If you'd like to further discuss, feel free to contact me on enquiry@caloundraholidaypark.com.au and I'll get in contact.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

My goodness the Manager of this Park could smile once and a while. Not a happy little camper this guy. Its not even Holiday season yet. Was too scared to look sideways at him.
Hoping he gets into the festive spirit for Christmas. Good LUCK

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank HJW544

H,

We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. It certainly wasn't intended :(

If you'd like discuss further please feel free to contact me on enquiry@caloundraholidaypark.com.au and I will get in touch.