“Very obliging.”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Gympie, Australia
“Very obliging.”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

They were very eager to please and accommodate. Which they did with ease and grace. Thank you. Delicious food. Beautiful peaceful atmosphere. Will return soon.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Wendy H

Buderim, Australia
“if you want the cash you gotta bring class.”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Brace yourself its a long one,,,,,,,

We have been to Daisy's place for lunch a month or so ago. Seated in the verandah with the nice tropical garden and little waterfall in the background, it was a lovely setting. We weren't able to really enjoy the food or the whole experience if you may say at that time because we were in a hurry and hubby wasn't really feeling well. That time I had the chicken with prawns which was drowning in cream sauce and hubby had a nearly well done steak and mushroom when he ordered medium steak. But it was still nice.

Anyways, we decided to try it out for dinner last night. Exciting times as the menu had change and it looked promising. Now, the interior, we sat inside this time as it was way too cold out. I can only describe the interior as trying too hard, the entrance was nice and "chic" yet the dining room.... well It was tacky and we we were seated next to a barrel with an arrangement of dead flowers. But hey! i don't judge by the interior, i judge the food. So lets get to it.

Food - The price.. was price like any normal fine dining restaurant, the entrees i think are very over priced. 3 chicken wings for $24? i know its confit and all...but anyway. We thought will share the crispy calamari. Calamari came out and it look dry, it wasn't oily which was great. It was tasteless, the aioli was runny, the best part was the fresh rocket. Now, the mains, hubby had the pork belly and i had the slow cooked veal with potato croquetteS (emphasis on the S). Hubby's pork belly lack in flavour, was not even a standard size pork that normal fine dining restaurants would serve (or any restaurants for that matter), it was half the size of what it should be. Had 3 scallops which was generous, the fennel puree barely present and the apple and (i think it was) herb salad was ordinary and minimal. My slow cooked veal was a joke! the veal was yes falling apart to the point that it was all shredded and there was no well formed veal in it. One would expect a nice formed veal yet falling apart. No one in their right mind would serve up shredded veal! Maybe if you advertised it as veal ragu you would get away with it. The potato croquetteS....i got One croquette, which was not substantial to pair up with my salty mush of veal and mushroom. If you're going to advertised a plural word such as croquetteS give me at least 2 on the plate!

When we looked at the dessert menu, husband and I thought with $18 as the lowest price and $24 as the highest, i don't really want to spend that much if i know that it will disappoint like the first and second courses. Most restaurants would price their desserts from say $10 to $20 at the most, unless its a big cheese platter (or a giant soufflé that I had in venice for $25-$30). I would rather leave it and call it a night than be disappointed and ruin our night even more because at that point I was very annoyed, disappointed and offended to be served with such dishes.

Service - Our waitress was lovely and spoke like she knows the food. We have been to many restaurants both in Australia and overseas. Had some who disappoint but mostly amazing. I have never complained and when ask how my meal was i always say it was lovely or nice or good. Last night was a different story. I had to expressed my disappointment because the meal was just not up to scratch. The waitress handled it with grace and gratitude for letting them know as it is a new menu they are trying out.

Dessert - We did not order dessert and asked for the bill instead. While waiting the bill, our waitress served us with a trio of dessert from the chef as an apology. Which was a nice gesture and thats why they are getting a two star rating instead of one. The sweet pumpkin brûlée had a nice crispy caramelisation of sugar on top yet a little flat in flavour when it comes to the set custard underneath. I think the second dessert was a chocolate mousse which was lovely. Last but not the least was the deconstructed lemon meringue which was our choice to order on the dessert menu if we had decided to order one. it was surprisingly delicious, i didn't had any of the meringue as my husband ate all of it. A little tip though, if you are going to serve the lemon curd on a tiny jar which was a nice touch by the way, make sure you actually give us a dessert spoon that would fit in the jar so we can scoop out the contents!

Overall, I would suggest to research their dishes and taste before serving them. Perhaps visit other restaurants, who you want to strive to be and try their dishes and observe portion sizes. I don't mind paying for fancy small portioned pretentious food as long as it taste amazing (or even just good)! Definitely not coming back. To future diners, dine during lunch and enjoy the lush tropical garden.

If you want the cash you need the class!

P.S. while you're reading this, imagine me talking in a nice soft tone voice. I don't mean to offend and I'm not shouting i swear. =)

1 Thank Kbt22
Brisbane
“Overpriced!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband bought a salad roll today and it cost $17.... The coffee should of been included in the price of $17 not added on?

Brisbane, Australia
“Over priced beyond belief and you walk away hungry.”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

On Saturday night, we ventured up to Daisy's Place for dinner. It is a beautiful restaurant but the servings of the meals are ridiculously lite and the so over priced, I needed to take a second mortgage out on my house to pay the bill. We will not be returning as there are restaurants around which are far better value for money. Our waitress was wonderful and tried hard but at the end of the day, we paid well over $450 for dinner and walked away hungry.The restaurant it's self is beautiful.

Nth of Brizzy
“Beautiful Mother's Day breakfast”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We had a family group of 7 for breakfast this morning and I couldn't fault a thing.

We were warmly welcomed on arrival and taken to the terrace overlooking the glorious tropical gardens. It was a little cool early so staff were more than happy to pop the outdoor heaters on.

We started with a selection of Danishes and fresh fruit then moved onto our hot dishes. The service was courteous, friendly and exceptionally helpful. The food presentation was beautiful, portion sizes generous and tastes divine. Our vegan was well catered for. Coffees were perfect.

We were delighted with our first visit to Daisy's and will be returning ASAP