“Relaxing with awesome views” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast

Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Caloundra
Helensvale, Australia
“Relaxing with awesome views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Last minute over night stay which was expensive as only 3 bdrm available. Receptionist, Siobhan, was very helpful and professional. The 3rd floor unit was very tidy and comfortable. One bedroom fan would not turn off when we closed the door to the area we were utilizing. We had an awesome view of the passage but from the kitchen window, guests using the spa from their apartment did not have privacy. The central location to walks, beaches and shops was great. Ideal for families. Close to lovely eateries/restaurants as well. We were given a late check out so we headed to the markets and took a stroll along the walkway to Shelley Beach. I would stay here again but book in advance to avoid extra expense you pay at short notice. Hopefully bond will be returned when they have said.

Room Tip: Rooms with water views are a must!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BFFQ, General Manager at Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Hi DondeaB, thank you very much for your postive feedback regarding your recent stay at BreakFree Grand Pacific. Siobahn was very happy to see your comments Thank you!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Caloundra next time

Kind regards
Cosimo Ronconi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I booked a rooftop 1 bedroom spa apartment but it was not as I had expected. The room was in the Broadwalk apartments section at the front of the resort and was on the 3rd and 4th floors of the complex. The check in process was fast and friendly. The location was great and very central. The resort is in the main street and close to many atm's, eateries etc. This would be a good hotel for families and fit seniors but not so good for couples. The lack of privacy on the roof top spa area was a mayor problem for me and I did not use this area during my stay.. The rooms all have different owners and some do have shade sails installed on the rooftop for privacy from the units above. I was in unit no 65. I am not sure if this apartment has been refurbed or the owners just have very bad taste. The décor was like George Jetson meets Bonanza. I think it was a matter of "we don't want this here at home so lets put it in our holiday unit". I pity the housekeeping staff ( please clean out all that junk in the kitchen cupboards). The painting of the walls is way overdue for attention. I would have had problems if I had been in a wheelchair. The entry doors to the complex were difficult to open and the circular stairway to the rooftop was hard to negotiate. This unit was large and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The kitchen was a good size but it would have been hard to prepare a full meal because of the lack of cooking gear. Every time a toilet flushed in a room it was like a truck coming through the complex. I did have problems sleeping because of this and the constantly running exhaust fan in the bathroom did not help. The outdoor features of this resort were 5 star and a credit to the workers there who maintain them. Internet connection was available at an additional charge (broadband and wifi) but I take my own wifi prepaid when staying at hotels because a lot just don't work and are expensive. I'm not sure what the floor had been cleaned with but it was like walking on fly paper. I kept walking out of my sandals. I would not have a problem returning here for a day or two but a long term stay would be a different matter. I think the problems with this resort reflect more on the owners than Breakfree management. Well done Breakfree.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbed room and privacy on the rooftop.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi Joeyjoeo, Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at BreakFree Grand Pacific. I do appreciate your comments so please do not hesitate to contact me direclty if you wish to discuss about your stay any further or if you consider staying again in Caloundra any soon. Thank you
Kind regards
Cosimo Ronconi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

The resort is lovely, prime position and great facilities however on arrival I paid my $200 bond and was informed it would be returned 5 to 7 days after departure. I thought this was odd since I.paid cash.
On departure I was then informed that my bond was to be deposited into my account as they do not give the cash bond back any other way. I was informed that this would be in my account by close of business. This was not. Different to the original comment on arrival.
I had to follow this refund up for 11 days after departure and was then told it would be in the account within 72hrs. This was not acceptable to me so I told the receptionist I would be driving up to collect the cash the following day. I was informed that this was a good idea as it would be quicker....so unprofessional. ..

They were quick to take the money but not so quick to return it.
Unacceptable as far as I am concerned...which has sadly left me with not wanting to return to any Grand Pacific accomodation again.

Maybe the reception staff need more customer service training.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Kylz10
BreakFreeGrandPacfic, Front Office Supervisor at Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Kylz10

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to discuss your comments on the phone. I am glad hear you have received your security bond.

I would like to apologise again for the misunderstanding and look forward to welcoming you back to BreakFree Grand Pacific when you plan your next holiday.

Kind Regards

Siobhan
Front Office Supervisor
Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here in winter 2013, in a rooftop suite with a hot tub.

A few things would have made our stay better. There was only one person at reception, which meant we had to wait awhile. Also, we couldn't get our hot tub to heat up, and no one was available to help us because there was only one girl on reception and she had to stay at the desk. We really wanted to take advantage of the hot tub, because that's what we were paying for.

So in respect to the staffing, it's not a real hotel in my opinion. Also, the kitchen had crumbs all over the bench tops when we arrived. All the dishes and pots in the kitchen were dirty with food stuck on them. Gross!

The rooftop suites are great value though, and the views are amazing.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank templife
BreakFreeGrandPacfic, Front Office Manager at Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear templife

Thank you for your review on your stay with us. I am dissapointed to read that you had some concerns with your room and the amount of staff at reception. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further. I am pleased that you enjoyed the roof top unit and amazing views. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We were hesitant going in due to a number of mixed reviews on the Grand Pacific. After thinking about it for a few days, here is a summation of what we think:-
You are not paying top dollar for this place so don't expect 5 star accommodation and I don't think you'll be disappointed. Sure, the rooms require some updating (we had fairly worn carpets and dirty tile grout in our unit) but it is not a deal breaker unless you want to spend your holiday in the room. We also had an issue with smell from the refuse disposal chute (unit 108 was right next to it) so be wary if you are staying in the tower.
The positives are the location (close to absolutely everything), the view (we stayed in the tower block on the 8th floor and the view was worth the money on it's own) and the pool area which looks exactly like the photos on this website.
Overall, I think the resort offers good value for money - we got a great deal on a 2 bedroom ocean view unit during peak Xmas period. I wanted to give it more than an "average" rating but it doesn't quite make it to a "very good" - somewhere inbetween is where we think it sits. If we managed to get another good deal for this resort, we would definitely consider going back

Room Tip: ocean view rooms in the tower have great views - be wary of rooms next to refuse chutes - we found t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Matnshaz
Dear Matnshaz

Thank you for taking the time to prvide your feedback on your stay with us. I am sorry to read that you found some concerns with the room. Please accept my apologies. I am pleased to read that you found positives in the resort including the views, pool area and location. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We made last minute booking for this resort on a school holiday weekend. They only had 1 garden view apartment room in every website I looked so I booked the room with reasonable price. Before we checked in to the resort I checked their official website and it said they had water view room available. I was puzzled and asked the reception about this but the lady there told me the resort was full.
Getting to the designated car park was a bit of a mission as there were 3 of 4 gates to go through and the card key was not working properly.
Anyway we were put in one of the boardwalk apt level 2, and luckily at the balcony we could see the beach. It was very spacious with 2 bathtubs (1 in balcony and 1 in the bathroom). The room was very smelly so it did not have good first impression. Carpets and the couch/fabric were all tired, and it was little bit dusty here and there. The biggest issue we had was the bathtub/shower facility which has a step and then you need to basically ‘climb’ the bathtub wall to go in to have a shower – this is so dangerous in slippery bathroom we thought and of course we both kicked our foot to the bathtub wall. I do not recommend this room for children or seniors.
It was Friday night and there was twilight market happening along the beach so that was a nice surprise. The location of this resort was perfect for us as all the main shops and the main beach is all walking distance .
Swimming pool area was okay but nothing fancy like in the photos.
Overall good value for money but lots of improvement can be made.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Yuri K

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read your enjoyed the location of the resort and were able to go to the twilight markets on the Esplanade during your stay. I am sorry to read that you had some concerns with your room and would welcome you to contact me directly to discuss further.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely stay in our 2 bedroom water view apartment over new years. Room 103 had awesome views, we were very pleased. Friendly staff, spacious room, spa bath in ensuite, free parking and a great location. Very close to good beaches, although strong currents near the hotel, but only shirt drive to kings beach or mooloolaba. There was even markets in front of the hotel on our last night. Will be back :)

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear schoolgirl23,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay at BreakFree Grand Pacific. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your time at the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caloundra
Ramada Resort Golden Beach
#1 of 16 in Caloundra
Oaks Oasis
Oaks Oasis
#2 of 16 in Caloundra

Been to Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast? Share your experiences!