“Food is worth it”

Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe, Gastropub, Grill
Good for: View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Drift has the best views on the Coast across Pumicestone Passage. Live music Tuesday-Sunday creates the perfect atmosphere to enjoy craft beer and even craftier food.
Melbourne
“Food is worth it”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

After wondering the Eslanade we settle on Drift. Looked new and had a great vibe happening with live music.

After take our seats and being acknowledged by staff we waited a few minutes before asking for menus.
We ordered the calamari salad, pork belly and fish of the day of which all meals were outstanding. The wine selection was great and really appreciated being shown the bottle prior to pouring so I knew I was getting what I requested.

We later learnt that they had been opened a month and we still working through a few things.

Later in the week we went to another restaurant, that was very busy. We paid the same for our clients meals as we did at Drift and we utterly disappointed.

I would highly recommended Drift over other restaurants along the Esplanade

2 Thank em_mcg1
Shane H, Owner at Drift Bar, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you very kindly for your feedback. We are still working through our new menu and love all feedback. Hope to see you soon for some of our new wines we have just added to the list this week.

Brisbane, Australia
“Lovely spot for a sunset drink”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed nearby and my husband and I dropped into the Channel Sports Bar & Bistro for a quiet drink. The views across Bulcock beach were lovely and the sunset even better. The service was prompt and the waitress was friendly. We were there at happy hour and wine, beer (on tap) wedges and calamari came to $16. What a yummy bargain! We enjoyed it so much we went back the next night for more. Not as happy with the margarita pizza but hubby is italian so our standards are higher. Highly recommend Channel Bar for sunset drinks.

• Visited October 2013
Shane H, Owner at Drift Bar, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thank you kindly for your review. You would have visited us the first week that the new management took over. Our new pizza oven arrived this week so your pizzas are guaranteed to be better next time.
Brisbane
“Nice views 1. Everything else 0.”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Went to Caloundra for breakfast with my grandchildren. Found this place so we sat at a table outside. Should have known better when you see other nearby restaurants busy with people and this one nearly empty. Ordered food (big brekky, eggs benedict, french toast) and then waited and waited and then waited some more (24 minutes). People who had ordered after me actually received their food before me. Spoke to waiter several times about the time delay only to be told that there had been many orders all at once. Complained again only to be told food would be ready in seven minutes (actually 12 minutes). Complained yet again only to be told food was being plated. After waiting a further 7 minutes food finally came out and guess what. It was cold!!!. Never ever again will this place get my business. Considering that it is a bar and grill I wonder how long you would have wait to get a meal in the evening when it is much busier. Very disappointing.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mark L
Maroochydore, Australia
“Nice location, nothing else!”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We went to the Channel Bar about 2 weeks ago, checked out the menu, but just had wedges and nachos, these were a really good size and tasted good. We went back today and the prices had sky rocketed. Although the gourmet chicken burger 2 weeks ago was $10 - today $15, I thought I would try it.... I don't know where the gourmet came into it, just 1/2 deep fried chicken breast on turkish bread with a bit of salad and maybe a dozen or so chips on the side, some were still hard and uncooked. We were the only customers here eating and now I know why. It is a shame because it is in a great location and a nicely set our bar and restaurant - but we won't be back.

• Visited May 2013
Brisbane
“Lovely View, nothing else to rave about”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I had a voucher that they were unable to honour as I was told everything was electronic and they had not set up the system for that yet, even though the vouchers were being circulated to the public. I had a salad with Salmon (was not told it was extra with the salmon), which was poorly presented on the plate. At no time was i given a bottle of complimentary of cold water. One employee on for the day to do orders, serving and the register. Disappointing !!

• Visited April 2013