“Pro's and Con's” 4 of 5 bubbles

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Pro's
Comfortable Bed
Spacious fully self contained unit - 1 bedroom
Views of the pool and ocean
Good underground parking
Very friendly and helpful reception
Easy to find
Close to where we needed to be

Con's
Bath needed a clean
Dirty toilet brush holder
Found a hair in one of the oven trays
In between the couches needed a vacuum
Some of the walls needed a wipe down (previous drinks spilt)
(I have a baby so cleanliness is VERY IMPORTANT!!)
Kitchen needed tea towels, and didn't have any sharp knives to cook with.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, and would stay again, perhaps a friendly word to the housekeeping department!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Caloundra Centr... D, Manager at Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for your review and your innovative format is helpful to us as new managers of Caloundra Central Apartments. We have addressed your concerns and would love to see you again Kind regards Management and Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Goa, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This review is long overdue. During my trip to Australia I mostly stayed with friends. But I needed a break and found this property located near to where I was staying so the location was perfect for me. It is not on the beach. Overall I liked this property and compared to others I checked on, it had the best value at the time. The staff was accommodating and found a larger room for me at a great rate. It was a 1-bedroom corner unit with a great view of the ocean and a nice outdoor terrace. When I needed a couple of items for the kitchen they sent it up quickly. The bathroom needed a little attention but other than that, I felt it was very clean. It included a breakfast the next morning, which was unimpressive. I was glad to have it included as eating out for breakfast in this area is very pricey! I didn't notice until the next day after I had checked-out that I had left some jewelry behind. To my surprise, the housekeeper had turned it in. I would recommend this property as long as you are not looking for 5-star amenities and need the space. I would give it a "good" rating and would stay here again. Tripadvisor does not have a designation for good, just average or very good.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thankyou for your review and I hope you enjoyed Australia. I will pass it onto our staff Kind Regards Management and Staff Caloundra Central Apartments
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed in 1 bedroom studio for 1 night booked on wotif for $175 a night for 2 adults & 1 child. Car parking easy underground, lifts are filthy inside & need attention. Entered into our room it was large with seperate toilet near the foyer, full washing facility in a cupboard with washer/dryer. Kitchen is good for families wishing to stay longer & cook. Had a swim in the pools& this was the highlight of the stay. The walls & curtains/window tracks/smell of carpets & furniture need cleaning attention. Such a let down to the whole facility. I read previous comments & totally agree with the atmosphere because of the permanent residents...like being within a housing deparment. Totally not worthy of the money we paid.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thankyou for reviewing our property and as new managers we have addressed your issues
Banbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for one sunday night in a three bed apartment . On arrival in the apartment we found ants crawling along the wall from the window to the wardrobe. As it was a Sunday night the reception was shut therefore couldn't report the problem. Whilst getting the children ready for bed , a massive cockroach appeared in the bathroom and scuttled under the bed. Needless to say the children were frightened to sleep in that room so we ended up having to cram three children into two beds in the other room. I complained the next morning , only to be told , " that's nature " . Not impressed and wouldn't stay there again . We travelled around Australia for 3 weeks and can honestly say this was the most expensive place we stayed in and had the worst customer care.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Heather T
As the new Managers of Caloundra Central apartments we pride ourselves on customer service and satisfaction and we thank you for taking the time to express your disappointment. I believe all your issues have been addressed.

Travellers are raving about these Caloundra hotels

Gatton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

For starters the room looked nothing like the photos provided by the apartment website or wotif. When we arrived we found a flooded bathroom that smelled terrible. The note provided with the key claimed that you had to take your rubbish with you or you would be hit with a "cleaning fee". The glass doors led to an area one foot wide facing a brick wall. The bed quilt did not have a cover - instead there was a sheet tucked around either side of it and the quilt was filthy and stained. The air conditioner cut out all night with loud noises, waking us up to be hot and sweaty. The shower did not look like it had been cleaned in a long time - mould and mildew underneath the door on the silicone. Was called a "studio apartment" but it was a bathroom and a bed. I have nothing nice to say about this accommodation.

Room Tip: Don't even bother staying here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly H
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We arrived at 3pm on a Friday afternoon for a Sporting event on Sunday, upon arrival I expected to pay for my accomdation only to find that they had already direct debited my credit card with out authorisation or explanation. This was not explained to me on booking. I wanted pay with a different card. They would reverse the payment. I spent my afternoon at the bank sorting money from one account to another. Very rude especially when we hadn't even arrived. We have a 10 month old daughter who is crawling and the entire unit was 90% carpet and let's just say she ruined every outfit and needed a bath within 10 minute of crawling on the carpet, she was black on her knees, feet and hands. I took the outfits down to reception to show and request that the carpets be cleaned for the next people and was told "we don't have to carpet clean, vacuuming is enough"... Clearly vacuuming is NOT enough. They didn't cars about my daughters clothes. The people who stay in the other Appartments seems to be either "unemployed or housing commission", the other units are very untidy and quiet dirty. There is no room service for the money you pay. They even request you wash all your dishes and empty your bins on departure. There was no soap or shampoo in either bathroom. Our dryer didn't work. No ice or milk and very limited tea and coffee, there was a strange smell in the second bedroom and bathroom. This place use to be excellent when it was know as the "quest" but since been under new name I wouldn't recommend or stay here again. We will be staying at the "Worldmark". Worth the 210.00 a night. NO WAY!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Forestville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had a great time here. We had a three bedroom apartment. It's was clean had everything we needed. Was close to the shopping village if you walking don't buy to much it's not that close :p
Someone had made a comment about it smelling like the toilets hadn't been cleaned, I think it is actually the drains. The beds and pillows are comfy the Indian restaurant is nice all in all a great stay

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thankyou for taking the time to review our property New Manager April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caloundra
BEST WESTERN Plus Lake Kawana Hotel
#27 of 51 in Caloundra
Belvedere Apartments
Belvedere Apartments
#2 of 6 in Golden Beach

Been to Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!