“ANZAC Long Weekend”

Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel
“ANZAC Long Weekend”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

On the upside the shower pressure was very good in comparison to many similar hotels we have stayed at. However, the beds are very uncomfortable, you feel as if you are sleeping on the floor. The walls are very thin, we were sharply woken up by the occupants next door.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zach D
Caloundra Centr... D, Manager at Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review. As the new Mangers we appreciate the feedback of things we need to address and have done so in our short time here.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My partner and I spent a couple of nights in a studio room in February 2014. When we arrived at Caloundra Central, we noticed painters doing some painting outside the building. On our second day there, my partner and I left at 9.00 am to go shopping and returned at around midday to find our apartment door wide opened. At first we thought, someone had broken in but a painter came along a few minutes later and told us not to shut the door because it had just been painted. We did not receive any notice from Caloundra Central to notify us that the painters were going to be painting our room door nor did they inform us that the painters had access to our room. When we approached management, they did not think that this practice of no notification or allowing a painter to have access to our room as out of the ordinary. Nor did they think that the smell of the cheap paint could affect their customers. When we asked to be moved to another room, they wanted us to move into a room where they had painted the previous day and the smell of the cheap pain was still noticeable. Also, the steps to the spa was wobbly and most likely a workplace and health safety hazard. So instead of having a relaxing couple of days, we left thinking that Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel was a waste of time and money and someone should investigate them.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank G G
As the new manager of Caloundra Central I thankyou for you feed back. We pride ourselves on service and customers satisfaction and truly saddened you didn't feel that experience here.

Travellers are raving about these Caloundra hotels

Ipswich, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I looked on the wotif website and found Caloundra central apartment hotel and I thought it sounded good. My partner and I were staying 2 nights in a studio room for $115 per night with being able to upgrade to breakfast for 2 for $133 per night but due to work my partner couldn't make it so my dad came along instead and he slept on the couch. When we got there we were able to check in early cause the room was ready which was good. Morning came and the sun shined right in the room and I couldn't sleep and not a very good view of the ocean either. We went down for breakfast and lucky I took my wallet because they charged extra $5 each for bacon and egg breakfast. I complained because I had already paid to upgrade this to a decent and the staff said that when I upgraded it was only for a basic breakfast. If I had know this I would never have paid extra for cereal. The room was quite small and a bit smelly. We stayed on Saturday and Sunday night. Come Monday morning the dining room was closed on Mondays so we could have breakfast again and I wasn't going to pay for breakfast again when I already paid for it when I first booked the room. When I complained to reception on sunday morning they were quite rude and didn't really wanna listen plus I gave them a $100 bond incase anything got broken thank goodness it didn't. Monday morning came and we got our $100 bond back and couldn't wait to get out of there. Too overpriced for shocking service. Would not recommend or stay here ever again!

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view if you can get one. Make sure you know what your getting yourself into thou...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank wingnut12836
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed here last week on a business trip and found the rooms to be clean and spacious. They are simple - but the studio's have a microwave and a fridge and my colleague who was in a 1 bedroom found it to be very well equipped. My studio/ hotel room was a little dark and depressing with the only window opening to a walk way. The biggest problem was the fact there was no phone reception in my room nor was there an in room telephone. To make matters worse, the hotel's internet was down - making it very difficult to communicate with my fellow work mates.

Room Tip: If you don't like traffic noise - make sure you request a room NOT on the road side
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thankyou for reviewing our property. We now have all phones back in the room which were being serviced and Free Wi-Fi access to all rooms. We look forward to you seeing us again. The new Managers Caloundra Central Apartments
South Wales
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment here which was extremely spacious. Huge kitchen area, laundry facilities, living room with flat screen tv and also a lovely bedroom and en suite. The apartment also had two toilets which was very handy. All rooms were spotless and well presented. Modern, great air con. Also loved the balcony which was huge compared to anywhere else we stayed in australia. We used the pool facilities which were great, particularly enjoyed the lovely warm jacuzzi!!! Staff were extremely friendly and helpful on check in and we also had a great pizza from the restaurant downstairs. We also had free wifi and parking which we were thrilled with! If we ever come to caloundra again we would definitely stay here!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thankyou for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We look forward to seeing you again
Kind regards Management and staff
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here on a Tuesday night with myself, partner and my son. We were put in a room which had recently been painted which was very unpleasant but once mentioned to reception they got our Room changed Whilst we enjoyed the pool and spa. Once moved with out any fuss from the staff the new room was perfect and very comfy. Staff was so friendly Ana attentive. Very tidy and clean place. Will be coming back to stay very soon.

• Stayed February 2014
Thankyou for your kind review and painting is now completed and looking good. Look forward to seeing you again Kind regards Management and staff Caloundra Central Apartments
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

At first, it's not so central as you might think. A car is essential to get anywhere. Our studio room was tiny - not what we expected of "executive" room, how it was called on their website. Big window faced a public corridor which for its turn faced a highway, so it was quite noisy in early morning. There was only one section working properly in the aircon, so it took a lot of time to get some cool air. Kettle had queer black stains inside and a slight chemical smell (was replaced at reception). Some of kithenware wasn't cleaned up properly. Fan in the bathroom didn't work.
On a bright side, lady at the reception was very nice and friendly, the room was clean in general, wi-fi was free and pretty fast, undercovered parking was also useful. All right for an overnight stay, but for a longer stay may not be comfortable.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thankyou for taking the time to review our property and as the new Managers will take your comments on board Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caloundra
BEST WESTERN Plus Lake Kawana Hotel
Belvedere Apartments
Belvedere Apartments
#2 of 6 in Golden Beach
Windward Passage Holiday Apartments

Been to Caloundra Central Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!