We stayed here for a couple of nights recently. We were impressed by the view of the lagoon and pool. The rooms were comfy and the pool is amazing.
However, we did notice a couple of issues. Some of the reception staff were less than friendly at reservation and check in (except for Noel, he was great!), and was obvious that customer service is not the most important. For example, we had found the following housekeeping issues in our room:
- used cotton buds & rubbish in a couple of drawers
- rubbish in the laundry sink
- mould in the bathroom sink.
I rang reception and spoke to Jarred, requesting a re-service of the room. At first he questioned if I had put the rubbish etc there myself! Anyway he said he will send housekeeping, which he did. Unfortunately when we returned to our room, the rubbish were still there!!! And so was the mould!! Gross. There was a heavy smell of vinegar but.. I fail to see the point of them doing a shabby job. Not impressed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa is situated just 90 minutes drive from Brisbane International & Domestic Airports, 40 minutes from Sunshine Coast Airport and only minutes from Sunshine Coast beaches.This 4 star resort provides the perfect getaway retreat with breathtaking views of the heritage listed Glasshouse Mountains, the Greg Norman designed championship Golf Course, Pelican Waters Golf Club and the seaside city of Caloundra and the Pacific Ocean.The hotel boasts excellent facilities for both Business and Leisure travellers with stylish guest rooms and apartments suitable for individuals right through to families staying one night or longer. There are plenty of opportunities to relax by our resort pool & heated lap pool, take a leisurely stroll or just relax with a good book and watch the world roll by. For the more energetic, you can dust off the golf clubs and play a round of 18 holes of golf. For those who want to be pampered, spoil yourself with a treatment at Pelican Waters Resort Day Spa.The Sunshine Coast enjoys a pleasant year round climate with average temperatures of 17 - 28 degrees in summer and 10 - 23 degrees in winter. Our region boasts many diverse, exciting and natural attractions from the popular Australia Zoo, UnderWater World, Big Kart Track and Aussie World to the famous Eumundi Markets, or a simple day of lazing on one of our many beautiful beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Pelican Waters Hotel Caloundra
- Crowne Plaza Caloundra
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Caloundra
- Ramada Caloundra