“Great view, bad housekeeping” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa

Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Caloundra
“Great view, bad housekeeping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights recently. We were impressed by the view of the lagoon and pool. The rooms were comfy and the pool is amazing.
However, we did notice a couple of issues. Some of the reception staff were less than friendly at reservation and check in (except for Noel, he was great!), and was obvious that customer service is not the most important. For example, we had found the following housekeeping issues in our room:
- used cotton buds & rubbish in a couple of drawers
- rubbish in the laundry sink
- mould in the bathroom sink.
I rang reception and spoke to Jarred, requesting a re-service of the room. At first he questioned if I had put the rubbish etc there myself! Anyway he said he will send housekeeping, which he did. Unfortunately when we returned to our room, the rubbish were still there!!! And so was the mould!! Gross. There was a heavy smell of vinegar but.. I fail to see the point of them doing a shabby job. Not impressed!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had a fabulous few nights at this very relaxing resort which has a great pool and great aspect across the golf resort. We had a lovely dinner at the restaurant at the hotel and also a great lunch at the Golf club. The spa at the resort is also well worth a visit as had a fabulous massage.

Room Tip: Spa rooms are great as you have a kitchenette Bonus if anyone plays golf Hire car value as gives...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Had a meal here midweek with friends. Good service and high quality food presentation. Will be a regular visitor here in future. Looks out over the golf course so very tranquil setting. Good parking and variety offered.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Robina, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and 2 kids had the most amazing stay at this resort with 2 other families. I must admit the other reviews i read prior to the trip worried me a lot, however I was pleasantly surprised when I got there. Our 2 bedroom apartment was HUGE! It was clean, had amazing views, was spacious and we loved it. The only negative thing I would say is that I asked at the bar where the bbqs were located and the staff member I asked looked absolutely disinterested and shocked that I would ask her such a question. She told me that she doesn't know those types of things and to ask reception. How can a staff member not know this? Other then that I was so happy with our stay and would go back again

Stayed December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

I had a mini break at the Sunshine Coast and got a great deal on two nights at Pelican Waters. Although I really only used the room itself (so i can't comment on the meals/room service or conference facilities), I had a very pleasant stay. My room was on the side of the building not facing the ocean but it still had a lovely outlook. It was clean, quiet and well appointed with a lovely private balcony. In my dealings with the staff they were very polite, courteous and helpful. I did see some negative reviews prior to staying at Pelican Waters, most notably to do with parking, but the two days I was there I never had a problem getting a car park, even on the Friday night. Well done, Pelican Waters.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Deb B
Cairns
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The rooms and conference facilities were more than adequate. The view over the golf course and water ways was superb. The breakfast buffet was good, but the other food in general was average. The staff attended to our every need.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Tathra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

The building itself is magnificent shining in the sun - a bit like one of those dubai skyscrapers. Very extravagant.

The hotel was full when we were there but this was not a problem. I think it actually helped create a splendiferous energy around the place.

I was very pleasantly surprised about the reasonability of the rates. Good clean rooms at a fair(way) price tag!

Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caloundra
Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort Sunshine Coast
Novotel Twin Waters Resort
Novotel Twin Waters Resort
#1 of 1 in Twin Waters
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,045 reviews

Been to Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!