The Sebel Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa
Hotels.com
US$188
US$182
  • Pool
Moffat Beach Motel(Caloundra)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$96
Hotels.com
US$312
US$291
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Ocean Views Resort(Caloundra)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$109
Agoda.com
City Centre Motel(Caloundra)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
TripAdvisor
Gemini Resort(Caloundra)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgolf courseplay golfthe crowne plazabit out of the waycontinental breakfastbarramundigroupon voucherinfinity poolrestaurant staffminute drivetennis courtssunshine coastdecent sizerelaxing staythoroughly enjoyed our stayone bedroom apartmentgreat facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Found a deal on booking.com and decided to book a room for one night. Comfortable rooms had everything you needed, though it was not a busy night, yet our room view was overlooking the entrance, which was slack of them, given the fact that it was not high occupancy night.
The seafood buffet was on for the Friday night dinner, and what a disappointment that was.
A five star resort serving tasteless seafood, warm salads and cheese platter it's a wonder we did not get food poisoning, so we did not o the breakfast as it also was mass produced.
Pool was nice outlook was nice, if you were a keen golf player, This resort is for you.

Room Tip: This ones for the golf enthusiast
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 01jms
Marion G, Guest Relations Manager at The Sebel Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate customer feedback and I have passed your comments on to both management and heads of departments - we have recently updated our resort facilities including renovating the gym and spa and are receiving wonderful feedback about staff and decor. We hope to see you again soon to see the improvements.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a couple nights in a spa suite which was excellent! We particularly enjoyed the pool and the sun loungers which get sun the whole day. The restaurant was also very nice with some outdoor seating for a lazy afternoon drink. We also wanted a spa treatment however they were booked so I'd recommend booking these in advance. I would definitely recommend for a relaxing weekend away!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashleigh M

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I booked my overnight stay with my mum and I via Wotif at a reduced rate than when I was originally looking. Originally, I just wanted a place that had a balcony a pool and a bed to sleep on for my mum to relax (she needed a well deserved break).

When we were driving to the resort, it was strange to drive through a residential area and suddenly see this high rise resort in the middle of no where. A nice drive through.

We arrived at 12pm and the room wasn't available to check in yet. When I asked where the nearest shops were, I was asked if I wanted a "big map" to show me the directions. Even when I said yes, I wasn't provided a map and was given verbal directions (which weren't very clear).

When we got to check in, the room is clean, spacious (we had the resort room) and had a balcony with a lovely view of the pool. Our view was slightly blocked by the tall palm trees (we were on the 3rd floor) but it gave a feel of being in a secluded location, so it was great.

The pool was great and there's plenty of sunlounges. I didn't realise that there were beach towels available upon request so be sure to ask for this from front desk.

The buffet breakfast isn't too bad as well, it was $25 per person when we had it and it includes some hot food, pastries, juices, cereal, toast and a fruit and yoghurt bar. It isn't promoted very well which I think they really should as it's great value.

There were a few hiccups though
- When I was taking a shower, there were a few bugs that were on the ground which I suspect came from the vent, which didn't look very clean
- We ordered in-room service for dinner and requested the Cod that was on the menu. We ended up receiving a Club sandwich. When I clarified that we wanted the Cod, the room attendant advised that the in-room menus were in the process of getting changed and that the Cod was no longer available. So I ended up waiting another 25min for the Market Fish dish they suggested, only to be served a rubbery overcooked fish at the value of $34. On the bright side, we were given 2 bottles of Coke to make up for the meal confusion.
- At 5:20am the next morning, the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate. It turned out to be a technical fault. But kudos to the supervisor in charge that morning as well as the wardsman who went to check that everyone was ok and assisted in managing the crowd who were trying to get in the lifts to return to their rooms

At the end of it all, it was an overnight getaway where my mum got to relax by a balcony and where I had a pool to swim in so it met my expectations, but there were just a few little things that just didn't make it turn from good to great.

Room Tip: Level 4 or above to avoid getting your view blocked by palm trees
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Wonderful time at this resort. Staff very helpful and friendly. The pancake machine didn't work one morning which is all my son was looking forward to, the lady on duty organised with the cook to make some up for him. A really nice gesture. Will be going back.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 January 2014

It has been 20yrs since my husband and I have been away for a holiday. The service and staff was awesome. Loved everything about the resort. Would recommend it to everyone. Arranging another holiday now!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com