“Wonderful accomodation in a beautiful location.”

Moorings Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Caloundra
Reviewed 17 August 2010

Wonderful accomodation in a beautiful location. Staff were lovely and all ameneties were spotlessly clean. Room was gorgeous with a stunning view. I would not hesitate to recommend this resort and hope to stay again soon.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
MooringsManager, Manager at Moorings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2010

We thank you for you lovely review and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2010

This was our second stay at The Moorings and we were most pleased yet again. This time we were lucky enough to have one of the newly renovated 9th floor sub-penthouse apartments! The managers gave us a special rate as return guests and this was so well worth it! Beautiful views, beautiful service, a perfect place for families. Pool is wonderful and we love the kiddies pool!!! Perfect holiday spot. Thanks Moorings Management for another wonderful getaway!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
MooringsManager, Manager at Moorings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2010

Glad to hear all your visits with us have been happy ones. We thank you for your compliments on our resort and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2010

We have stayed at Moorings beach resort on three occasions now. The apartments are beautiful and clean. The views of the ocean are amazing. I am not a morning person normally. But when I stay at Moorings I love to wake up and watch the sun rise over the ocean from my balcony The kids love watching the ships go by. We have so much fun in the huge pool and heated spa. The grounds are first class and beautifully maintained. The managers and staff are so friendly and go above and beyond the call of duty to keep their guests happy. My youngest daughter turned 9 last year and all she wanted for her birthday was a holiday to Moorings resort. What a wonderful way to spend her birthday. We had dinner in the restaurant located in the resort to celebrate her birthday. I would recommend Moorings to anyone wanting a relaxing first class beach holiday. We will be going back again soon.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family

Wow - thank you for your most lovely comments. We try hard to make sure all guests have the holiday they deserve. We were touched that your daughter choose to spend her special day with us! We are pleased you loved your apartment not to mention our pool and grounds - we are proud of them! We look forward to your next holiday here in our little paradise!

Reviewed 23 March 2010

I stayed here with my 2 children (baby and a 3 year old) and my mother. Did not receive a warm welcome at reception. Person on the reception was on the phone (sounded like a personal call) and kept us waiting for quite a while with no apology. Barely made eye contact with me during the whole check process and no pleasantries - which I'm not used to in Australian hotels - usually the level of friendliness is much higher. Despite the fact we had called ahead to book a cot it was not there on arrival. When we phoned down to request one again no apology and manager who finally brought it just plonked it down providing no assistance to set it up (which I perhaps wouldn't have minded if it had been there in the first place!). Think they are a bit overstretched and perhaps need more staff or just more friendly staff. Maybe some apartments are nice but the one we stayed in was quite average - beds not very comfy, lightbulbs not working. No internet was a minor disappointment. The pool however is lovely and was a highlight for the little ones (main pool, kids pool & spa). Overall nice enough place but I'm afraid unfriendliness makes me vote with my feet.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank kymaxx
MooringsManager, Manager at Moorings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2010

We were sorry to hear your experience with us was not a good one. We would like to just, if we may, some of your concerns. The port-a-cot is never assembled by us due to safety reasons. We have found in the past that the majority of parents prefer to assemble these themselves so as they know it has been done correctly and safely for their children. Having grandchildren ourselves, we find that even our own children feel the same. We apologise if this was inconvenient for you but please know that was done for safety not for an unwillingness to help. As for it not being in your room on arrival, I'm afraid that was just a clerical error and we apologise. When checking in to our resort we do try to make you feel as welcomed as possible and are sorry that your experience does not reflect that. We do all have bad and crazy days but it's no excuse for not giving you the service you deserve, we will take your comments on board and try to correct this with not only management but with staff also. It is however not the norm. The other issues regarding internet and light bulbs, no we do not have high-speed internet connection but do have dial up, which is stated, we do wish however you would have mentioned to us about the light bulb and we would have been more than happy to replace it. The beds unfortunately are out of managements direct control as all units are owned by different investors. We have not however ever really had complaints about the beds, and will pass this on to investors to keep in mind as lots units are being re-freshed at the present time. Again please accept our sincere apologies for these incidents, and we hope that maybe we can service you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 September 2009

Great view. Great location. Spacious, usable rooms. Well maintained. Friendly and helpful managers.

A quiet and lovely area of the Sunshine Coast.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and for you kind words.

Reviewed 3 May 2009

We had a lovely stay at Moorings Beach Resort. It was a stone's throw form the beach, though not one where you could swim, but it was peaceful and away from the hustle and bustle of central Caloundra. We arrived very late, and before the office closed they rang us to give details of how to get in, which was very polite, as I had forgotten to call them myself.
The apartment itself was spacious and modern, with a decent sized kitchen, living space and separate bedroom. The furniture was clean, modern and very comfortable, and we were pleased to have a flatscreen tv where all the channels were clear. The bed was very comfortable and we had two great nights of sleep. The bathroom, though not grandly big, was clean and we were very happy with the spa bath and found the water to be very hot, which often isn't the case!
We actually booked a cheaper garden view room, but were greeted with a lovely view of the ocean and inlet; a pleasant surprise.
Unless you don't want to do too much, you probably want a car if you're staying here as its a couple of kilometres from the main strip in caloundra, though it wouldn't be a difficult or unpleasant walk along the beach if you didn't have one.
All in all my partner and I had a great stay, and will be back. It was a great romantic getaway and there is just so many things to do in this area.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple

We are glad that your time with us was a happy one. We thank you for your honesty and kind and thoughtful comments. Please think of us again when next booking your Sunshine Coast holiday.

Reviewed 24 March 2009

The best description of the apartment is "sparce". The best description of the management is "gruff".

The ninth floor apartment was clean and had great views over the passage on the ocean side and of the Glasshouse Mountains on the inland side. The location was quiet and off the main roads and beaches of Sunshine Coast, and was ideal for us with friends in north Brisbane and Currimundi. We booked this for a full week.

Unfortunately, that's the extent of the positive. When they say "self contained", they really mean it. There was less than half a roll of toilet paper and you must provide your own after that. There was a one day's dose of dishwashing liquid and laundry detergent. Can it really hurt to provide a reasonable supply of these? The whole management atmosphere was of pinching pennies. I do not expect this from a place touting a four and a half star AAA rating. The literature in the room states that towels will be replaced after 5 days. Even this was not done. There was no hot water. At first I thought maybe this was a cultural difference, but later even the motor inn in tiny Tiaro had hot showers. The hot tub at the pool was lukewarm at best. The walls were virtually bare. The grounds are maximum security. Some might appreciate that, but my key was constantly getting stuck in the various gates. It was more oppressive than comforting - there can't be that much of a crime problem in Caloundra.

But more than anything it was the management. "You're wrong" seems to be the attitude. The number printed on the room phone rang to a different room. When I finally brought this to the desk's attention, the first response was "there isn't any number here like that", as if I copied it down wrong. I scanned the list in front of her and immediately found it associated with another room. "Someone is playing tricks" she says, as if a guest deliberately located a number for a room seven floors away and swapped them. When a friend comes to visit, they are met with "There's no one staying here by that name".

Now I'm being hounding with increasingly nasty emails for "hotel rate" phone charges because they claim my credit card doesn't work. I would not have made half the calls if the phone number had been correct, and the card is the same as the one I paid for the room with, and used throughout the rest of our holiday in Australia. But somehow it's up to me to figure out what they're doing wrong. Bottom line - this place wants to make money any way they can, and there are lots of other places to stay on the Sunshine Coast. I'd pick a different one.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank kbbpll

We thank you for your review and honesty. Unfortunately it was not management that you delt with on your stay but we will take responsibility for our staff's actions. We were sorry to hear of your experience. Our policy is to have essentials in the unit to accommodate guests for up two 2 days, and we shocked to hear that you did not have enough supplies. Yes our units are self-contained but we would have been more than happy to supply you with more toilet paper had you come and asked! We were also concerned to hear about the "towels" not being changed, our apartments are actually serviced after 5 days unless the guest does not require it, again we apologise for this inconvenience. Our complex is a secure complex, we take pride in this. Apart from holiday makers our complex is also home to over 20 residents, security must be a priority in this day and age especially with many young children visiting and make no apology for safety. We have taken your comments on board and along with our staff will continue to learn from all experiences set before us.