“Large portion average food”
Review of Bamboo Garden

Bamboo Garden
Ranked #32 of 214 Restaurants in Caloundra
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bamboo Garden Chinese is located in the main street of Caloundra along the tourist strip. We offer Takeaway and Dining-in menu, you can bring your own alcohol with a very small charge for corkage. We cater for family with children menu and gluten free menu as well. Small functions and birthday parties up to 30 people. Special Banquet Menu is available or we can write you a special menu to suit your budget. Friendly staff is waiting on you every step of the way and make sure you will have a memorable dining experience.
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We ate here on a Sunday night. The restaurant was very quiet. Our food was prepared quickly. We had 2 mains which were huge portions The staff were constantly hovering filling our water etc. Average mains were approx $18 each. It was BYO which was a bonus

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Have eaten there a few times now, mainly as part of groups but a couple of times on our own. Quality and quantity varies, but my meal was so poor the last time I went in April I haven't been back. It's over priced for the cheap surroundings, and not authentic at all (I've eaten in Asian countries). The lunch specials on the few times we tried were either OK or awful. I've cooked better pad Thai at home and I suspect they use the same sauce out of a jar - but mine actually tastes like something!! There really isn't any service to speak of; you order your food, it's brought and its cleared, that's it. No ambience, and nothing to justify the high prices. Last time we went as a party several dishes were not finished. Caloundra is starved of quality Asian food then if people think this is good. A lot of carrot is used to bulk up the food I've found and it just makes the dish feel cheap. Sorry, but will actively avoid from now on.

2  Thank DinerDozen
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had diner here on Saturday evening, even though the service was friendly, the food was very disappointing. The fried rice was from a packet and the crispy fried chicken was just an everyday bird from the shop, if I wanted just a cooked chook, I would of gone to the supermarket.
Would not recommend this place as it was not very tasty at all.
Sorry but wouldn't waste my money

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Quality food with friendly service. Can highly recommend the duck, but ask for side of Chinese veggies with oyster sauce (even though it is not on the menu). Vegetarians are well catered for. Consider booking a table for busier nights

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

We had dinner there last night, chef from china, authentic Chinese, definitely worth paying that little bit more for. I saw some of the negative comments but with so many good comments decided to give it a go! We found the service very good, food was excellent. Overall a great dining experience!