“Bad ending”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“Bad ending”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I just want to share with you an experience we had at this restaurant. The service and food were great. All was good until we went to pay the bill. We were a group of 3 couples and just wanted to split the bill 3 ways......paying $80 each which included a small tip. It became quite an altercation as they have a policy of only one bill per table. Firstly we were not aware of this and secondly we just wanted to split it evenly....not very difficult really. The customer service at this point was non existent and we felt so annoyed that we will never return to this restaurant or recommend it.....and as we are locals that could amount to quite a few lost customers. The policy of only one bill per table is ludicrous in this day and age.

Sydney, Australia
“Real tasty”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Driving up from Brisbane airport we called ahead. Very efficient on the phone and pick up was swift - the food was fresh and tasty. They are correct in that they only cook fresh - very busy so it must be good. Been coming to Caloundra for years to see my mum and have not even noticed it but this is a great flavoursome restaurant

Visited January 2014
Mackay, Australia
“Great Restuarant to Dine At”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I dined at Blue orchid restuarant early January. Upon arrival at resturant we were immediately acknowledged and greeted by several staff members and shown to our table. The restuarant was full which is always a good sign of popularity. Our meals were very flavoursome and of a generous size. We found prices for meals and drinks very reasonable. We were well looked after by the friendly staff. Would definately reccomend this restuarant as its the best Thai food we have ate had in awhile. Restuarant very central and was in walking distance to our motel.

Adelaide, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing specials and boutique beers.”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Blue Orchid specials list was amazing, my girlfriend and I were so impressed with the food we went back the following night - probably the best thai food I've had. Service was excellent, with the waiter actually asking us if we were ready for our mains to come out. They have a rotating list of international boutique/craft beers alongside their wine list, great if you want to try something a little different to the standard beers.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I really can't rate this place highly enough. We found the place after a wander around Caloundra where most restaurants were very quiet, the Blue Orchid was busy which was a good sign considering its discrete entrance.
I have a seafood allergy and the manager was more than happy to assure me that they would be able to cater for me and said they would cook the dish from scratch to ensure that no fish sauce (typical Thai ingredient) would seek in to my meal.
So anyway, the service was absolutely first class and he food was amazing - we really fancied a Thai meal as the antidote to all the fast food we usually consume on holiday and would have been delighted with average, but this was so much better than average, best ever.
My girlfriend has two small starters (satay chicken and spring rolls) in place of a main and I had the beef penang with side ramekins of chilli and ginger. Everything was great, service was great and there's a large and thoughtful selection of world beers.
My new rule of thumb, if there's a big picture of the Thai king as soon as you walk in the door... good and authentic Thai restaurant.
Reasonable prices too.
It really annoys me when places like this get lousy reviews. I don't write many but thought this one was really well deserved.