“Horrible food (Raw Chicken ) Food Poisoning and even worse customer service from the manager Mathew”

Blue Orchid Thai Restaurant
Reserve with
Blue Orchid Thai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 203 Restaurants in Caloundra
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Brisbane, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone unless you want raw chicken, food poisoning and have to deal with a useless restaurant manager.

Should be thoroughly inspected by a Government food safety inspector!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Aaron S

Briabane
“Raw, bloody chicken gave us food poisoning!! Rude service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My partner and I ordered take away and the chicken satay sticks were still bloody!! When taken back the manager told us it was thigh meat so was a little pink. I pointed out the blood and he refused us a full refund saying it was hearsay and we had no proof (despite giving back the bloody chicken). He was arrogant and belittling to me (a female) however when my partner (a large male) went in he gave us back $10. We had spent over $100 at the restaurant that night however will never return!! My partner got food poisoning and it ruined our holiday!!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Oliviajc
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We always get takeaway from this lovely restaurant when we visit Caloundra. The food is superb and next time we will definitely dine in.

Visited January 2014
New Zealand
“"Aroi mak" Very Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I love our Thai food and have enjoyed it in Thailand on several occassions as well as home in NZ and Ause. We really did enjoy this meal and I am surprised that all the "reviewers" were not as satisfied as we were. We started with the Fish cakes and Hubby said they were the best he had ever had. I ordered the Curry Puff and it was supurb! If i had had room i would have ordered it again for dessert! We enjoyed our mains just as much. I had thr Special Massaman Beef and asked for it to be "spiced up" and hubby had the Duck in Red Curry. Both were faultless. Supurb in fact!
This is not a BYO but at the price they pass the wine on to their guests one cannot complain. Their wine is incredibly cheap and i understand they pass it onto their clients at the price they buy it from the wholesaler for . That is unheard of!! Sadly we could not fit dessert in. The portion sizes were far too generous for that to happen!
The service was excellent. The young staff were so pleasant and attentive that we left a good tip. Also we enjoyed the fact that we didnt have to yell at each other accross the table to be heard. Altogether it was an excellent dining experiance.
We will make The Blue Orchid a regular of ours when we return to Caloundra.
I would suggest booking a table as they seem very busy in the evenings.

• Visited April 2014
Gold Coast, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty average Thai food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This is an average Thai experience. The food was just ok and not great. The 2 curries I tried were not right. The flavours were off and there was no spice at all. It was like a nut or coconut milk mixture with no heat. The green curry was an odd shade of neon green and was again just coconut cream flavours with some food colouring??? Not sure what went on there but it was very odd!

• Visited April 2014