“Very comfy bed”

Country Roads Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Goondiwindi
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Stayed here for one night with the family in connecting rooms. Very spacious and a huge bathroom.
The most comfortable hotel/motel bed I have ever slept in, and I have slept in many!!

• Stayed: April 2011
There are newer reviews for Country Roads Motor Inn

Reviewed 26 September 2010

I noted the two previous customer's reviews are not good, however a friend of mine stayed previously and was complimentary so I took the chance myself with my colleagues. Yes it's on a highway but we didn't hear undue traffic noise. The hosts were polite and courteous to us so no complaints there. The rooms are spacious and furnished to a standard you would expect at this price range. The breakfast was well priced and tasted very nice. My only disappointment was that they openly advertise Free Wi Fi however the signal strength is poor (1 out of 5) and I couldn't connect over 2 days. Hotel is 2kms from centre of town. I can recomend the meals at the Quenslander Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2010

Stayed at this Motel earlier in the year with my Husband (who travels a lot for his work and took me with him this time) - booked it over the internet as the pictures looked good.

Arrived around 5pm, service at check in was polite but by no means friendly, obtained our keys and drove around to our room to find about a dozen workmen standing around their work utes drinking and having a great time (one of them was even parked in our spot)! After asking him to move his car (which he did begrudgingly) we were able to get into our room which to the Managers credit was very clean, small, but clean.

After reading the "in room guide" I noticed they offered late checkout (perfect for me as hubby was working in town till about lunch time), over we go to the office to enquire -- well talk about rude -- we offered to pay the required fee but were told I could stay only until the cleaner came around and no, they didn't know what time that would be.

Settled in to have so room service dinner a couple of hours later, average food at best and charged at Brisbane type prices! Meanwhile all the workmen (who are taking up at least 8-10 other rooms) all decide to go off to have dinner somewhere - all making as much noise as possible!!

Next morning am awoken at 5am by YOU GUESSED IT the workmen going off to work, banging car doors, shouts, yells, banging room doors etc! I drop hubby at his work place about 7am and come back to the room to potter around till lunch time (bought a Diana Gabaldon book with me to read!) then about 8am it starts - the cleaners, yelling out to each other, banging doors, banging their trollies into the wall near my door then eventually into my door itself. At about 9.30am I decide to take the hint and leave -- so much for late checkout!!

On the whole, nice clean (small) modern rooms, average food, rude service, lousy atmosphere and VERY overpriced!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank Purple-Nan
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Travelling to brisbane, I stayed overnight at the Country Roads hotel - I should have known better! I guess its what I should have expected from a motel that is next door to a MacDonalds on a major highway!!
I checked in at about 7pm and was met by a very grumpy receptionist who told me that the only room available was next to the highway! Not wanting to go on searching for an alternative, I said OK although I later discovered that there were a number of rooms, away from the highway, available. So.....toom was noisy with trucks on the highway much of the night.
By the time unpacked and went to the restaurant in the motel for some dinner, it was closed (at about 8:30) although they advertised that the restaurant and small bar were opened to 9pm. So I was reduced to MacDonalds in my room as the only alternative.
'Bathroom' was obviously set up for disabled people with one large room with a shower out of the wall at one end, small washbasin and toilet. I am OK with 'basic' but when tiles are cracked and mould where the shower area is, its pretty disgusting.
Next surprise - no curtains! Just badly fitting shutters which of course meant that at 5am the room filled with light and I was awake!
In a nutshell, its basic, expensive for what it is and good only for the desperate!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business