“Stayed here during floods as nowhere else to stay! Good value and good food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gympie
Gympie Conference Centre
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We stayed here (me, my partner and 2 year old daughter) for 2 nights at the end of February 2013 but were supposed to be staying in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast! We were travelling on holiday from Hervey Bay to Sydney but due to persistent, heavy rain got stuck in Gympie (roads north and south flooded and impassible). This was the only accomodation with one room available that we could access. We stayed in a small single room with noisy air conditioning. The staff were extremely helpful and moved a 2nd single bed into the room so we all had somewhere to sleep. The shared bathroom was okay but fairly basic and could've been cleaner - bins overflowing. There was a good variety of buffet options (including vegetarian) at breakfast and evening meal so we were well catered for. Even though it rained persistently our daughter enjoyed swimming in the pool as there wasn't anything else to do! Mobile phone reception wasn't great in the room, but there was free wifi outside the administration office. Overall we had a pleasant stay here and would like to thank the staff for being so attentive and helpful during our stay. Thank you.

Room Tip: Not facing the highway
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stayed here on two occasions both for 5 nights for work conferences. The last time was this week. The GCC catered all meals (B,L,D and morning tea) with a good variety of buffet options. The rooms are cleaned daily and the share bathrooms are kept very clean. There is a pool for guest use and plenty of room to wander the grounds and view the wildlife (in particular large lizards). Rooms have air conditioners, which helps drown out the noise of the highway if you are in one of the back rooms. Mobile phone reception can be hit and miss in the rooms themselves. Also there is free wifi outside the administration office. I would definitely recommend this venue for conferences etc.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the football field may experience noise from the highway. Some rooms may experience po...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank blaintm
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Recently I needed to stay overnight in Gympie, at an affordable price. I had previously stayed at the excellent Muster Inn Motel and Gunabul Homestead cabins. Their tariffs were more than I wanted to spend for this very brief stay.

GCC proved to be a good choice. On phoning, I was told there were single rooms with share bathroom. The only ensuite was the queen room at a higher tariff. I went for a single room and figured I'd take my chances on the share bathroom.

When checking in at reception, the manager Craig, overheard the conversation and called out from his office to upgrade me to the queen room at no extra cost. I gratefully accepted his offer and found myself in a lovely large room with spacious bathroom. What a treat!

The setting for GCC is lovely, lots of trees and space around. You feel as though you're in the bush, there are lots of birds and other native inhabitants around. It's a short drive away from the main business centre, just north of Gympie. Although there is some noise from the Bruce Highway, it's relatively peaceful compared to the noise at other places located right on this busy highway.

I was fortunate to have booked on a night when there were no conferences on, and the whole establishment was very quiet. The next day was to be filled with conference attendees, but they didn't start arriving until I was driving out. I'm not sure what it would be like to be there with a conference in full swing, most likely not quite so peaceful. I'd recommend you arrange your visit in non-conference time, if possible.

I was very happy with my stay at GCC, as it greatly exceeded my (modest) expectations. I was very happy with the upgraded room. I didn't get to see the single room.

The good points: lovely setting; not too much Bruce Hwy noise; friendly staff and most considerate manager; flexible check out in the morning; spacious, clean and comfortable room; disabled-friendly bathroom

The not-so-good points – bearing in mind this is a conference centre, not a motel: no fridge in room; carpark is a short walk away from the rooms; kettle can only be used in bathroom or the smoke alarm goes off (or so the sign says).

I've rated 'Excellent' location, mainly because it's not on the busy highway.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 60 if you want the queen room with ensuite. Check if there are any conferences on at th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo