“Super clean.....super friendly”
Review of Gympie Muster Inn

Gympie Muster Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gympie
Reviewed 26 December 2013

In December, 2013 I stayed at the Gympie Muster Inn for the third time. The first thing you cannot help but notice is how clean this hotel is - the common areas as well as the rooms. Checking in and out whether by phone or online was quick and easy. All the staff we encountered (including cleaning staff) were very friendly and extremely helpful; on one visit in particular they went what we felt was "above and beyond". Apart from being super clean the rooms were very comfortable, well appointed and efficiently serviced. I found their rates to be great value for money, especially compared to other accommodation in the area. The only disappointment was that I forgot to check out the brand of pillows they use - I would like to purchase some. I would not hesitate to recommend the Gympie Muster Inn. When staying in Gympie this will always be my choice for accommodation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Gympie Muster Inn

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Don't be fooled by its highway position, squashed between a fast food outlet and businesses.
This place is a gem!
Our room was immaculate!
The bathroom was newly renovated, and after spending a week camping on Fraser Island and using campground amenities before arriving here, it was HEAVEN! It was immaculately clean and spacious.
The room was recently decorated in a fresh, modern style. The carpet was immaculate, with no wear or tear evident.
We had no problem with noise from the highway ... We slept so well.
There are 6 places to eat within 2 minutes walk, ranging from fast food to linen tablecloth dining and all in between.
We walked to the Royal Hotel 10 minutes away in Mary Street (shopping strip) and had a generous meal. There are a plethora of other places to eat in Mary Street too, depending on time of the day.
This place was EXACTLY what we were looking for after Fraser Island.
This place is fabulous!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor, furthest away from the highway and had no problem with traffic noise...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ilovepythagoras
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I was in the Gympie area for five wonderful days this August to take seaplane flight training from the Gympie Airport and two of the dams to the west. I also lucked onto the Gympie Musical (country, yee haw!) Muster which was taking place at the same time. The Muster Inn was my base and was entirely satisfactory. Exhausted by my daily activities I slept deeply but at odd hours because I was jet lagged from having recently travelled from South Africa to Canada to Australia. So I know that the road noise in the wee hours could be a problem in the front units for a lighter sleeper as I was often up at those times. The included breakfast (served through the wall?) was tasty and plentiful and I enjoyed two dinners in the adjacent restaurant. All in all I was pleased with what I got... just what I expected, plus some bonuses.

Room Tip: For a light sleeper the road noise could be a problem so ask for one more to the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel 5 years ago and having stayed again a fortnight ago it is still the same clean, friendly place that we remembered. It still has the "hole in the wall" for the breakfast tray in the morning which my kids love. The staff are very friendly and very helpful and the rooms super clean. I have stayed in plenty of 5 star places but the Muster would have to be the cleanest. The recent renovation has breathed new life into the place but it still has the same country charm. If I had one complaint it would be the old air-conditioners are a bit noisy but that is being picky. Don't be put off by the Street facade, this place is a gem.

Room Tip: Book early, the weekends are always busy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sorrento70
Reviewed 29 December 2012

After travelling down the East Coast from the Whitsundays, we found this motel to be the cleanest room we had stayed in on our 15 day trip. The room appointments were equal to the highest end accommodation, and we choose 4 star or better for quality as our rule.
Extensive use of glass helps give it an extra clean feel, and parking is easy for big cars like a Fairlane.
Thanks to the owners, and their excellent staff. Book ahead if you have to, but dont miss out.
Nezzies

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2012

The hotel is at last twenty years old because I stayed there in the mid 1990's. But the bathroom has been recently renovated and is very modern and slick. The room is a typical country hotel room but had everything I needed and I was very comfortable. The absolute bonus was the service both on-line and in person. They made me feel very welcome and the on-line replies were very fast. They did not expect a deposit which I found refreshing. It is all about location, location, location. It was very close to Kingston House - 100 metres which was very convenient to me. And generous parking spaces which was also appreciated for loading and unlodaing the vehicle.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

Very helpful and friendly staff. Really nice rooms and ensuite. Very comfortable stay, will def recommend to stay there again. Rooms look like they have been renovated, very clean and comfy bed.

Very easy to find and close to alot of restaurants and takeaways :)

• Stayed: September 2012