“OK stay”
Review of Gympie Muster Inn

Gympie Muster Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gympie
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Overnight stay wasn't too bad. Room comfortable, bathroom newly renovated and very nice. My only quibble was that I had booked a long time in advance and asked for a quiet room (I am a very light sleeper) and the first room key I was given was for Room 1, the closest to the highway which runs straight past the hotel.... They changed me to Room 3 which was better, but still noisy from trucks and other traffic. I always travel with earplugs, so I was okay, but considering my advance booking, I thought they might be able to put me at the rear of the complex... Also, I was one of the very first guests for the day, so it shouldn't have been too hard to shuffle the bookings a bit if they'd missed my initial request at the time of booking.... Anyway. Breakfast (continental) was fine, bed was comfy and seating in the room was more than adequate.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Zeddog

Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Gympie Muster Inn was my second choice to stay at in Gympie, but I was not disappointed.
Although located on the highway, as another reviewer said, between two fast food outlets, the room was surprisingly quiet, and I slept much better than I had expected. The room itself while not overly large, had a small dining table, armchairs, a desk, queen bed, plenty of storage and had been recently renovated and was spotlessly clean. There were the basic tea and coffee making facilities, but no toaster or microwave. The bathroom also had lots of storage, and there was even a shower caddy.

There was an on site restaurant, but there was a sign advising that it was closed until further notice. It is about 5 mins walk from downtown Gympie, where there are lots of choices for cafés, pubs, clubs or fast food choices, as well as a shopping centre and supermarkets.

I found the managers to be very friendly and helpful. I had no problems or issues, and would be very happy to recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I phoned to make a booking in the evening and spoke to a very grumpy man who told me that reception was closed and if I wanted to book I should go to the internet. I had just booked another motel in Kingaroy and their reception was still open. I am not sure why they don't just put a night service on their phone instead of answering if they are closed. The motel looks old from the outside but the rooms are all renovated on the inside. The size of the room was descent and the room was clean. They do have free wifi but you need to obtain a code from front office and I was kicked out of the service constantly and needed to login again. Plus the wifi was very slow. On checking in I was given no information about the restaurant or anything else for that matter. There were no dinner menus in the room. There is a Chinese restaurant across the road and some fast food chains around the corner. I ate a chicken dish at a Thai restaurant and was a bit sick the next morning. The hotel is on the main highway so it was a little noisy when trucks drove past.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yvettesaf
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Friendly, clean & comfortable. loved the huge shower head. Parking out front of the room, tastefully decorated, nice décor. Foxtel included, large TV. Pool out back. Fresh complimentary milk on check-in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ska B
Reviewed 26 December 2013

In December, 2013 I stayed at the Gympie Muster Inn for the third time. The first thing you cannot help but notice is how clean this hotel is - the common areas as well as the rooms. Checking in and out whether by phone or online was quick and easy. All the staff we encountered (including cleaning staff) were very friendly and extremely helpful; on one visit in particular they went what we felt was "above and beyond". Apart from being super clean the rooms were very comfortable, well appointed and efficiently serviced. I found their rates to be great value for money, especially compared to other accommodation in the area. The only disappointment was that I forgot to check out the brand of pillows they use - I would like to purchase some. I would not hesitate to recommend the Gympie Muster Inn. When staying in Gympie this will always be my choice for accommodation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Don't be fooled by its highway position, squashed between a fast food outlet and businesses.
This place is a gem!
Our room was immaculate!
The bathroom was newly renovated, and after spending a week camping on Fraser Island and using campground amenities before arriving here, it was HEAVEN! It was immaculately clean and spacious.
The room was recently decorated in a fresh, modern style. The carpet was immaculate, with no wear or tear evident.
We had no problem with noise from the highway ... We slept so well.
There are 6 places to eat within 2 minutes walk, ranging from fast food to linen tablecloth dining and all in between.
We walked to the Royal Hotel 10 minutes away in Mary Street (shopping strip) and had a generous meal. There are a plethora of other places to eat in Mary Street too, depending on time of the day.
This place was EXACTLY what we were looking for after Fraser Island.
This place is fabulous!

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor, furthest away from the highway and had no problem with traffic noise...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ilovepythagoras
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I was in the Gympie area for five wonderful days this August to take seaplane flight training from the Gympie Airport and two of the dams to the west. I also lucked onto the Gympie Musical (country, yee haw!) Muster which was taking place at the same time. The Muster Inn was my base and was entirely satisfactory. Exhausted by my daily activities I slept deeply but at odd hours because I was jet lagged from having recently travelled from South Africa to Canada to Australia. So I know that the road noise in the wee hours could be a problem in the front units for a lighter sleeper as I was often up at those times. The included breakfast (served through the wall?) was tasty and plentiful and I enjoyed two dinners in the adjacent restaurant. All in all I was pleased with what I got... just what I expected, plus some bonuses.

Room Tip: For a light sleeper the road noise could be a problem so ask for one more to the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo