“Excellent as always”
Review of Gympie Muster Inn

Gympie Muster Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Gympie
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have been staying at the Gympie Muster Inn for several years now and have seen it develop into the premier place to stay in Gympie. Beautifully appointed rooms, quiet and so close to everything. The hosts are fantastic with good old fashioned customer service. Always my first choice to stay in Gympie. Cheers David R

Room Tip: Try the spa room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Gympie Muster Inn

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were well looked after on behalf of Probus. Staff had the gift bags ready for us but one person had to go back for theirs as it hadn't gone to the room. Room was quite well presented. Bathroom was quite large and had a good shower. Bed was very comfortable and plenty of pillows provided. car parks are well provided for. My only problem was that, at $140 per night, I found it not to the standard i was expecting. Very conveniently situated on the highway but that meant there were difficulties getting the car back onto the highway.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking up stairs, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RobinC645
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Overnight stay wasn't too bad. Room comfortable, bathroom newly renovated and very nice. My only quibble was that I had booked a long time in advance and asked for a quiet room (I am a very light sleeper) and the first room key I was given was for Room 1, the closest to the highway which runs straight past the hotel.... They changed me to Room 3 which was better, but still noisy from trucks and other traffic. I always travel with earplugs, so I was okay, but considering my advance booking, I thought they might be able to put me at the rear of the complex... Also, I was one of the very first guests for the day, so it shouldn't have been too hard to shuffle the bookings a bit if they'd missed my initial request at the time of booking.... Anyway. Breakfast (continental) was fine, bed was comfy and seating in the room was more than adequate.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Zeddog
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Gympie Muster Inn was my second choice to stay at in Gympie, but I was not disappointed.
Although located on the highway, as another reviewer said, between two fast food outlets, the room was surprisingly quiet, and I slept much better than I had expected. The room itself while not overly large, had a small dining table, armchairs, a desk, queen bed, plenty of storage and had been recently renovated and was spotlessly clean. There were the basic tea and coffee making facilities, but no toaster or microwave. The bathroom also had lots of storage, and there was even a shower caddy.

There was an on site restaurant, but there was a sign advising that it was closed until further notice. It is about 5 mins walk from downtown Gympie, where there are lots of choices for cafés, pubs, clubs or fast food choices, as well as a shopping centre and supermarkets.

I found the managers to be very friendly and helpful. I had no problems or issues, and would be very happy to recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I phoned to make a booking in the evening and spoke to a very grumpy man who told me that reception was closed and if I wanted to book I should go to the internet. I had just booked another motel in Kingaroy and their reception was still open. I am not sure why they don't just put a night service on their phone instead of answering if they are closed. The motel looks old from the outside but the rooms are all renovated on the inside. The size of the room was descent and the room was clean. They do have free wifi but you need to obtain a code from front office and I was kicked out of the service constantly and needed to login again. Plus the wifi was very slow. On checking in I was given no information about the restaurant or anything else for that matter. There were no dinner menus in the room. There is a Chinese restaurant across the road and some fast food chains around the corner. I ate a chicken dish at a Thai restaurant and was a bit sick the next morning. The hotel is on the main highway so it was a little noisy when trucks drove past.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yvettesaf
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Friendly, clean & comfortable. loved the huge shower head. Parking out front of the room, tastefully decorated, nice décor. Foxtel included, large TV. Pool out back. Fresh complimentary milk on check-in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ska B
Reviewed 26 December 2013

In December, 2013 I stayed at the Gympie Muster Inn for the third time. The first thing you cannot help but notice is how clean this hotel is - the common areas as well as the rooms. Checking in and out whether by phone or online was quick and easy. All the staff we encountered (including cleaning staff) were very friendly and extremely helpful; on one visit in particular they went what we felt was "above and beyond". Apart from being super clean the rooms were very comfortable, well appointed and efficiently serviced. I found their rates to be great value for money, especially compared to other accommodation in the area. The only disappointment was that I forgot to check out the brand of pillows they use - I would like to purchase some. I would not hesitate to recommend the Gympie Muster Inn. When staying in Gympie this will always be my choice for accommodation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family