“Lunch deal good value”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I had lunch at Kingston House and opted for the $17.50 lunch deal which included a choice from a selection of mains and a glass of wine or other drink. I chose the pumpkin, spinach and mushroom crepe. It was nice except they left the skin on the pumpkin, which was tough so I had to find all the bits of pumpkin and take it off, which was messy. Service was friendly. The restaurant is in an old Queenslander so you can sit on the balcony or inside. Overall I was happy with my experience but please remove the skin off the pumpkin if it is in a dish such as this.

1  Thank Yvettesaf

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This lovely Colonial Reasturant is without any shadow of a doubt Gympie's leading Reasturant. Beautiful food, friendly service and a classy atmosphere, you will love it.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

A nice evening and dinner, just one tip..........on the menu it states "ask for todays selection" on the share platter entrée. We did ask but were only given a list of 3 items that "are sometimes on there" Not much help if you want to know what is on that day!
Needless to say we ordered something else!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I used to go to Kingston house for lunch quite often. One day, I went as usual but it was such a disappointment! My pasta was swimming in a sort of tasteless watery sauce and my companion's lunch was not much better. I am not sure what happened but I am not willing to go there again.

1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Visiting old friends who took us to Kingston House, we had a table on the veranda where we enjoyed an excellent meal, very good service and a most enjoyable evening.
The two gentlemen had the Lamb Rump which was tender and succulent, the two ladies had the swordfish steak, again perfectly cooked. The wine a McGuigen Merlot, was excellent and sensibly priced.

Our waitress solved a question concerning the name of a film none of us could remember (ARGO).

A most enjoyable evening and lasting memory of Gympie.