“Fantastic View!”

Bay Views & Harbourview Apartments
“Fantastic View!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with some family from Ireland only overnight as we decided to extend our holiday for a night because we were enjoying the weather so much and hotel we were staying in couldn't accommodate us.
We arrived around 10am after checking out of previous hotel with loads of bags, perishable food etc and were delighted to be able to go directly up to our room. Check in was a breeze.
Walked approx 5 sets of stairs to the appartment. It was a big hike! Lucky only stayed one night because I would tire easily of those stairs!! We played table tennis downstairs and a few braved the freezing pool. Not much sun around pool area for the sunbathers. But all in all I would definitely return once again for that spectacular view and ease of getting around with proximity to shops bottleo and if course beach.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank capriceandsonny

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very comfortable, well appointed apartments only a three minute walk to the cliffs overlooking the beach. I found the staff friendly, service straight forward and the apartments are handy to shops and the town centre. It was a bit odd being asked to take out your own garbage or be fined (tho I didn't really mind that much). The pool is very small and cold( no heating I guess and quite a lot of shade, which, if you're fromTassie or Europe might be ok:-) but coming from warmer climes meant I wasn't about to brave it. BBQ pretty unappealing. I would return Thoth as overall it was a very good experience and everything very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Ann S
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here in February for 3 nights with friends in a 3 bedroom unit on the 4th floor.

Pros: Apartments are spacious with a nice view from the higher floors, close to shops and the sea - just a couple of minutes walk away. Lock up garage. The kitchen is well equipped and a laundry is provided.

Cons: There is no lift so it is quite a hike up the stairs with your luggage - not suitable for the elderly or unfit (choose a ground floor unit), also the stairwell is not well lit or lighting just doesn't work and it is easy to trip. We found it quite a hike everyday up and down the stairs.

There is no air conditioning or fans in the bedrooms - we found it extremely hot and asked management to supply us with pedestal fans (which they did). When moving the bedside cabinet to plug the fan in, it was obvious the cleaner never vacuumed there - lots of bugs and dust.

The toilet roll holder was broken, kitchen light bulb didn't work, there was no hair drier and some of the dishes in the cupboard were dirty.

The pool is small and the surrounding area not very inviting.

Overall, I think you get what you pay for. It was a very reasonably priced apartment in a convenient location but maintenance and cleaning need to be addressed.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room if you don't want to climb lots of stairs (there is no lift). Choose...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank globetrotters005
hamilton
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed at Bayview Apartments in early November 2013 and I have nothing but praise for this first rate accommodation. Firstly you must remember that these are not serviced apartments, but all extras are available at a very small cost. This was real value for money with only very minor negatives. We would certainly stay again, if we returned to Queensland.

Room Tip: If you want air-con, make sure to ask for it as many of the rooms do not have it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KiwiDave711
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I stayed at the Bay Views & Harbourview Apartments for 10 months. The staff is wonderful and made the stay safe, clean and made me feel that any of my needs would be taken care of. While my stay was a longer one I had the opportunity to stay in both the bayviews and habour view apartments. Both were well taken care of! The location is excellent as it is a quick walk to anything such as; shops, groceries, mall and the beach. I would recommend to friends and hope to one day go back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brittany M
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Our recent stay was very pleasant. The unit was nice & clean & had everything we needed to make our time relaxed & enjoyable. The Managers were very nice & friendly. The location, while not right on the beachfront, is within easy access to the local shops & entertainment. We would certainly recommend this to our friends.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gwen B
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I had a great experience staying at the Bay View & Harbourview Apartments. I lived there for 10 months and it felt well taken care of by the managers and always safe! Very friendly staff that would take care of any needs that were brought up during the stay. The location of the building was GREAT! So close to everything, and very close to the bus stop if needing to get further. I had a great experience staying here and would most definitely go back!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends