“Three wonderful days at the Mantra”

Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Mooloolaba
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Another return visit and we were once again surprised with everything. Staff were great , no problems whatsoever. Perfect for us for a quick getaway, 3 nights. . Left the car in the car park and walked everywhere. Room well appointed with great view but will book a 2 bedroom next time to have use of a full kitchen. One small gripe - no coffee plunger.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gillian E, Front Office Manager at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear surfoz
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach for your return visit! I am delighted that we have met your expectations each time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Mooloolaba Beach when you next decide to holiday.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had been here several years ago (solo) and always wanted to get back for another visit. This time my wife was able to make it as well and we really enjoyed our time here. Apart from having to wait until the room was ready after 2pm, which is pretty standard, we found everything to our liking. The view from our second floor apartment looking over the pool and garden area to the beach and ocean was fabulous. The decor inside was contemporary and the whole apartment very clean and well appointed with linen, crockery, cutlery, microwave, fridge (with ice!),plug in stovetop, washing machine, iron etc.The cedar venetian blind panels across the main external window/doorway and main bedroom were really tasteful and functional. Flat screen TVs in the lounge room and bedroom were terrific but the best bit was the spa and shower with a curved glass full length window, from which you could take in the external view or watch TV in the lounge. Very nice. For privacy there was a shower curtain as well. Plenty of wardrobe and clothes hanging space, comfortable king size bed, and plenty of room in all areas of the apartment made fro a very comfortable stay.A quick walk downstairs saw us right on shops, beach, restaurants/cafes one side, or supermarket, chemist, bakery and liquor store on the other. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Only a 2 night stay. Definitely worth another visit.

Room Tip: Ask for beach/ocean view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter R
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review on your stay with us here at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach. I am delighted to hear you were able to return for a mini getaway with your wife and enjoy our facilities and location.
I am pleased you found the apartment to be to your liking and enjoyed the spa/shower with a view.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to pass these on.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We recently stayed at this place on the 1st November for a couple of nights. This is the first time we stayed in an apartment. The staff were good but I did not like the fact that we had to pay before our room was given to us. Then they took a bond from our card. When we checked out we found out that the bond is taken from our card and put back a couple of days later. This is the first time we have had to pay a bond. There is no restaurants in this place they are all along the street in from of the apartment block. The place where we went to eat was ok, the staff were fantastic, but some of the food was not that great. I did not like the fact that the bed was by the front door and the lounge area was at the back where the balcony was. I thought that was bad for the fact that the noise was too loud. We had no one to make the bed or clean the room, I thought with the money we paid they could have cleaned the room. The shower was in a bad place overlooking the family room and the beach. Why I don't know. Anyway we won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: No room service provided unless you pay extra.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank cyrus22

Dear cyrus22
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us here at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach in November 2013, and I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy some aspects of your stay with us.

I encourage you to send me an email or contact me anytime to discuss these matters and ensure that a future visit with us is memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Family friendly beach. Fantastic landscaping, ready access to lots of cafés and restaurants - including the fantastic Mooloolaba Surf Clib with it's lovely views and buffet. The shops, the quality of restrooms is second to none.

Dear ozeeboy
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us in November 2013. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and took advantage of our fantastic location!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Mooloolaba Beach.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Pleasantly surprised to have an ocean view from our 2nd floor one bedroom unit and everything was satisfactory. For some reason though, I found the unit just ok. Perhaps it is because I really do not like having to walk past shops (cafes with people eating etc) when I am in my swimsuit on my way to and from the beach! Mooloolaba beach is a short stroll away - across road and couple of hundred metres along via a walkway. The kitchen was relatively well equipped although only a mini-fridge and plug-in hot plate rather than stove top. Comfortable bed etc.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gillian E, Front Office Manager at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Shari W
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us here at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach, and it was great to read you were pleasantly surprised with your view from level 2 and found the apartment comfortable.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mantra Mooloolaba Beach in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

As returning customers my family and I recently stayed at this wonderful location/accommodation. The accommodation is very well kept and provides a wonderful comfort. The location is perfect for the beach, restaurants, shops etc. The staff constantly have a smile on their face which makes them easily approachable and they cannot do enough when it comes to answering any questions that you may have. This was especially good considering we were there when the half ironman event was on and the hotel was very busy. We all left feeling very relaxed and shall look forward to returning at some point in the future.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Iain B
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach. It is great to read you and your family enjoyed your time at the resort and found the staff to be friendly and helpful.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for your next stay in Mooloolaba.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Terrible from the start.....
No discussion on check in regarding hotel facilities, local area, hotel map etc etc

Room very dated, with bed at the door entry to unit, and therefore along general corridor, and so very noisy and no privacy. Bathroom old decor....circular step in shower, with dirty shower curtain.
Towels thin and rough.

Tv...has foxtel sports channel, but no movie channels

Lifts very, very slow. We are currently still staying here, and after waiting for a lift to the pool this morning, we opted for 8 flights of stairs. Only to find that there were no pool towels available, and we were told to use our bath towels, and that our bath towels would be replaced by housekeeping.....so, back up to our room....get the bath towels for the pool....
Now, I'm back in the room 2 hours later....no bath towels have been replaced......I rang reception 30 mins ago.....and I'm still waiting to have my shower.....

This place is terrible. We have 2 more nights booked, but I'm seriously thinking of moving to a different hotel.

By the way, the pool is not very clean.....lots of leaves and rubbish wrappers in it!!

Is this supposed to be 4 star?? In my opinion, it certainly isn't!

And still......waiting for bath towels...........

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank deb2012on

Dear deb2012on
Thank you for your review of your stay with us here at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach, and it's unfortunate to hear that there were a number of aspects of your stay that you were not satisfied with.
I will be raising your concerns regarding information provided on arrival with our front desk team to ensure our valued guests receive all the necessary information required for their stay.
I was concerned to read of the delay taken for the lifts and also for your towels to be replaced and I do apologise for this.

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review, and should your travel plans return you to Mooloolaba please do not hesitate to contact me directly so we can take steps to make this up to you, and ensure your next stay is memorable for all the right reasons.