“Excellent location but noisy”

Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Mooloolaba
Adelaide, Australia
“Excellent location but noisy”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We have just had 3 nights stay here, the first night was a Saturday night and it wasn't until 4am that we didn't have any interruptions of our sleep due to noisy, rude, disrespectful guests, the other two nights were slightly better apart from the constant banging of doors, which need door closers putting on. Asked the duty manager if we could move away from the lift but was told wouldn't be any better anywhere else!!!!! Very disappointed

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jaime D, Front Office Manager at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Julie G,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to provide us with us with comments regarding your stay, we do appreciate them and take them on board.
I apologise that you were disturbed during your stay by your noisy neighbours and that your concerns weren't met satisfactorily, as we do strive to exceed all our guests expectations during their stay. I will raise the issue with our team and endevour to improve on this so that it doesn't occur in the future.

I do hope that you will return to Mantra Mooloolaba again in the future and that we will be able to provide you with a wonderful experience for the entire time. Please contact myself directly at the hotel and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Acting Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

The room was splendid with views over the ocean from the 11th floor. Pool was great and service just fine. Room had everything you need and shopping and supermarket was very close by. We had a 1 bedroom apartment and it was big enough for our 1 night stay.
Staff were helpful and welcoming.
Happy to recommend this as a place to stay with a gorgeous outlook over the ocean.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Peterwato,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such lovely feedback.

I am glad that we provided you with such a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed out fantastic ocean views, they certainly are magnificent! I'm pleased that the team was so helpful and welcoming for you as we do pride ourselves on our customer service.

We hope to welcome you back sometime soon in the future, perhaps for a longer stay next time!

Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2014

our room was filthy and despite telling reception it took 2 hrs for someone to come up and have a look. other than that good location, pool was lovely and views were to die for, i would return again as long as the rooms were cleaner.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear hbwalker71,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review and your feedback in regards to your room and the service that we provided. I do apologise in the delay in responding to your review.

I am disapointed to hear that the room was of an unsatisfactory standard and that it took so long for a team member to attend to apartment.
These issues have been raised with our Executive Housekeeper and their team to ensure that the standards are upheld to the standard that we pride ourselves on Mantra Mooloolaba.
I am pleased that besides that point you did enjoy your stay and would be happy to return to us sometime in the future.
I hope that you do return and we will be able to provide you with a more enjoyablbe Mantra Mooloolaba experience.

aust
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stay quote often here, but the last stay was very noise..
Ask not to be located at the north west side near the road.. as way tooo noisy to sleep..

Tried to close the windows doors etc, but air con made even more noise, bit like a car with a broken engine..

Very poor..

Room Tip: Don't get any room with less than 10 on any floor and check the room air conditior before signin...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank traveldudeaust
Dear Traveldudeaust,

Thank you for your review on and the comments you have provided us with, I do apologise for the delay in my response to your comments.

I am dissapointed to hear that you had such a unsatisfactory stay with us. I hope that you did mention the issues with us at the time of your stay or at departure so that we could follow up and try to improve your stay as we always welcome feedback and also have a 24 hour reception that allows us to respond quickly to any requests that may arise occur during your stay.

I hope that you do decided to return to visit our property again in the furture so that we can make you next Mantra Mooloolaba Memory one to remember.
Please conact me directly at the hotel and I will be happy to assist you with your booking.

Kind Regards,

Timaru, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Mantra Mooloolaba, My wife and I had a 1 bedroom oceanview apartment for 2 nights, the apartment was clean and tidy and i liked the layout, the views were nice, as was the spa bath. What I didn't like was the fact it had no oven which for a longer stay would have been very annoying what I also didnt like was the fact that the outdoor pool was extremely cold which normally wouldn't worry me but when I went and jumped in the indoor pool it had so much chlorine in it i had to get out. The outdoor spas were cold too. The gym was nice and fairly well appointed and the sauna was great, the staff were really friendly which is always a positive but overall I was a little disappointed in mantra mooloolaba with the price being a lot higher than other places we stayed on our trip I expected just a little bit more.

1 Thank cozza22
Dear cozza22,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and provide us with such detailed feedback, as we do appreciate all comments provided by guests.
Our one bedroom apartments are furnished with a kitchnette which doesn't include an oven unfortunately.However our 2 and 3 bedroom apartments are equipped with a full kitchen are more suitable for a longer stay if you are not wishing to enjoy all the amazing restuarants on our doorstep.
Our pool chemical levels are monitored on a daily basis to adhere to industry standards however I will pass the comments on to our provider to ensure that they are aware.The outside pool has a temperature of 27 degrees, though sometimes the weather can effect the temperature.

I do hope that you will return to Mantra Mooloolaba some time in near future and you will be able to fully enjoy the experience that we aim to provide for all of our guests.

Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Second visit to Mantra Mooloolaba and its now getting a bit tired looking. Had a ‘refurbished’ ocean view unit but looked the same as the last visit. Not sure what the refurbishment was? Strange bathroom with glass panel looking into the kitchen area from the shower/spa combination. Bedroom straight off front door which I disliked and should have black-out curtains to obscure the light from the passage way – the binds don’t work so you are sleeping in semi-light all night. Living area/kitchen is fine as is the balcony.

Good position at the start of the ped.zone. Outdoor and indoor pools plus the usual BBQ affairs. Free parking. Unit not serviced daily which was not clearly stated at time of booking and was annoying. Just OK for value as you pay extra for an ocean view suite with no daily servicing.

Not quite 4star for me.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and i stayed their 14th&15th FEB room was filthy aircondition vents full of dust.Just the start lounge light switch burnt out ,shower head held together by zip ties duty manager said she would send email with photos to general manager still no reply

3 Thank rick b
Gillian E, Front Office Manager at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear rick b
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Mantra Mooloolaba Beach. I am sorry to hear of the shortfalls you experienced during your stay and apologise for not responding to you sooner, however, we have investigated the matter and have sent a response direct to you.
Once again we do apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay and hope you will allow us to demonstrate the true spirit of Mantra Resorts Hospitality when you next decide to holiday.
Kind regards