Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba
Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort(Mooloolaba)(Great Value!)
US$232
Mantra Sirocco(Mooloolaba)
Mantra Zanzibar(Mooloolaba)
HotelQuickly
Cilento(Mooloolaba)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgreat locationrooftop spaunderwater worldtwo bedroom apartmentpool areafamily holidayrooms are comfortablefour adultsshort walkgames roomsurf clubgreat facilitieswalked everywhereeasy walking distancebbq areabeach towelsa wonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Carribean regularly over the past 5 years and have never had a bad experience here. The location is fantastic- central and within easy walking distance to the beach, restaurants, cafés and Underwater World. Some of the decor in the apartments is a bit dated in appearance, however everything in our experience has always been working order. My husband and I have stayed here as just a couple and, more recently, as a family and have always found it to be a comfortable, friendly and reasonably priced place to stay. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013
Caribbean R, Guest Relations Manager at Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Caribbean Resort. We really appreciate your comments, and are very pleased to hear that you're keen to return. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I recently stayed at thsi resort whilst running in the Gold Coast Marathon race. My race only started at 9.00am so I requested a late check out. When I I returned to check out at 11.45, the staff were rude and unhelpful. None the 3 people sitting at the desk, asked "how was our stay?" or even show the slightest interest in our visit.and basically told us we had 30 minutes to vacate. I am a travel agent and there are 1000's of places of places to book, I certainly will be taking my business elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne P
fjohn98, Owner at Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Hi Lynne, I am a bit confused with your review. You said you were in the Gold Coast marathon thats why you were late leaving!!! IWe are on the Sunshine Coast!! When you arrived late you were asked to check in which you didn't the next day. We phoned you after 10.00 a.m. as we had no information except phone number and we had a cleaner waiting to clean your room. If you say you are a travel agent then you shoulf know checkin 2.00 p.m. check out 10.00. a.m. I actually thought you sold timeshare a bit different then travel agent. Also your cards expire at 11.00 a.m. as all do. You never contacted us at all while you were staying here so i am unsure how you could have requested a late checkout. I dont believe we were rude.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Another short break to the Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba

Great to see onsite restaurant has opened the menu was fantastic menu for families.

Great atmosphere...

Lifts that had been out of action are now up and running, still friendly staff, unit request was met, and fantastic time had by our family and friends.

Highly recommend it for a short break!

Room Tip: certainly recommend to you to place your request at time of booking..
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Back again, one lift not working but is being repaired and 2 new on the way they say. New Restaurant opened on site since last time at the Caribbean. Fasta Pasta, pasta, pizza, steak and licenced as well. Family meal deals etc great. Rooftop spa just been refurbished. So close to everything. Thai, Chinese, Indian, Balinese and also on site Restaurant all within 30 Metres, again full size spa bath in room and pool and spa cave downstairs all heated and reception was so helpful. My room was clean and tidy, a little outdated but large t.v. and b/room as well full kitchen etc value fantastic. Thanks again.

Room Tip: Ask for over pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

We had a few rooms between my family. 2 two-bedrooms and 2 one-bedrooms. They were all different sizes so I guess it depends on luck. One of the one-bedders had a safe but I didn't see any in the others. One had a toilet that flushed after banging the Cistern. One had a broken light in the bathroom (so doing make up under one fluro light wasn't fun). One had noodles (as in food) in the couch in the lounge room. I understand it is self contained so cleaning is up to the tenants but perhaps the staff could check a few things before allowing guests into the rooms. Only 2 rolls of toilet paper were given and I heard other guests asking for extra toilet paper and the receptionist very unsure about giving any more out... The apartments are old fashioned. But for the location near the beach it is okay. Also, a lift was still out of order so it was difficult trying to navigate your way back into the apartments after hours (the apartment door keys do not allow you access through the stairwell as I discovered after climbing the stairs). We were going to have a wheelchair bound person with us but am thankful he didn't end up staying as there was no way we would have been able to lift his wheelchair up stairs past the pool area to get to a lift. Would I stay here again? Probably not but it was fairly cheap (but also off season).

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank haylz_me
fjohn98, Manager at Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Hi, We do appreciate CORRECT reviews but in your case some of your suggestions are wrong. The key/card does work in the stairwells, you obviously got into a stairwell with your card. They are fire doors and kept shut but i can assure you that the cards/keys do work. Banging toilet cistern to get it working ( we have checked all the rooms your family stayed in and couldn't find this. Yes we are self contained and we do provide a starter pack 2 rolls of paper sufficient usually to keep you at bay. As for wheelchair access to pool area, we do have a side gate that is at ground level and it would have not been necessary to lift a wheelchair up stairs. To be honest i have looked at all your reports and obviously none have been up to your standard. Also the rooms are all the same size, just the 2nd bedroom locked for a 1 b/r so no need to rely on luck. Sorry 1 lift out being repaired but 2 new lifts on the way. I spoke to rest of your family and it would appear their opinions were not the same as yours.