“Wow -What a surprise!”

Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Mooloolaba
Wollongong, Australia
“Wow -What a surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

As this was my first on-line booking, I was hoping I didn't choose a lemon. We were treated like royalty by the friendly and accommodating staff. When we opened the door to our 2 bedroom apartment, I knew I hit the jackpot. 2 bedrooms and bathrooms newly and very tastefully decorated with a beach appeal. The biggest surprise was when we opened the door to the outside balcony which was HUGE and where we relaxed in luxury in our own personal spa. The hotel itself is in an excellent location about a 5 minute walk to the beach and there are five restaurants outside the door. No doubt, we have already decided to go again next year.

Room Tip: Corner suites are fabulous!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karine K
Caribbean R, Guest Relations Manager at Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your experience at Caribbean Resort. We’re so pleased that the apartment was to your liking, enabling you and your friends to relax and enjoy your holiday. We are spoilt for choice in terms of locality, with everything so close by. We look forward to your return visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

This resort was exactly what they say they are on their website. Often I stay at hotels / resorts who try & market their image as something they are not & when I arrive i am bitterly disappointed. This was definately not the case here, the Caribbean promotes itself honestly.

From the time I arrived to the time I departed the staff were very friendly & helpfull. The Caribbean staff organised my airport pickup & return bookings & tour to the famous Eumundi markets with a local tour bus company. I had several communications with the staff via email prior to my arrival with fast & friendly email replies.

The appartment style room 24 was well set out with a good size double bedroom with a mirrored wall length wardrobe. The toilet was separate from the bathroom & the spa bath was brilliant & the shower had excellent water pressure. The kitchen & lounge was open plan with a TV (with foxtel) in the lounge & bedroom. There also was laundry cupboard with washer & dryer. I read one review complaining that there was only 1 x diswash, detergent, milk etc. I never used any of these items as I there was a decent size fridge / freezer & I went to the nearby Coles & stocked up for the week ahead. The resort kitchen cupboards were well stocked with everything useful from water jugs, food storage containers to a casserole dish. There was a microwave as well as a fully functioning oven & dishwasher! There was also a vacum cleaner in the base of the wardrobe. My balcony was a decent size & had clean (not mouldy) plastic outdoor table & chairs to use.

The pool was lovely, because of the long narrow layout, I could lay around in one end while other people / families were at the other end. It was nice to be have to have alittle space as a solo traveller. The spa was excellent, I could not fault the spa on the ground floor by the pool, it was a covered spa which was nice to sit out of the sun. I did not try the spa on the roof by the outdoor BBQ area. The reception also had clean used beach towels for hire, $5 for the entire stay. I definately made use of this. Nice not to have a bulky towel taking up room in my suitcase.

Location, location, location! This resort is only 80 metres from the main beach & main shopping strip which contains most of the shops, cafes, restaurants & takeaway shops. There were also multiple eating places next door to the Caribbean. On the other side of the Caribbean is a Commonweath Bank & just across the road is a post office and Information kiosk. Its about a 5 min walk to Coles supermarket & about 3 mins walk to the marina & 5 mins to Under Waterworld.

I had a wonderful holiday & I definately will stay here again.

Room Tip: As a solo traveller I would stick to avoiding a ground floor room near the pool to avoid the noise o...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Caribbean R, Guest Relations Manager at Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for your generous review. It is much appreciated that you have taken the time to give such a detailed account of your stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the facilities that the Caribbean offers and that our team here were friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you holiday in Mooloolaba.
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have stayed at the Caribbean on and off for the last 12 years on our annual holiday to the Sunshine Coast. This September, the furnishing in the apatment was very run down. The bed was spongy, and by the end of our trip I had a very sore back. When you sat in the couch, you sank to the floor. Some of the eating utensils and plates are well past their use by date. The pool is great for the kids, but the outdoor furniture is so uncomfortable to sit on. Every morning you get woken up at 5.30 am by roaring garbage trucks. Considering we were a return customer (many times) I would have thought we would have been allocated a nicer room, not one with a balcany over looking the back street and rubbsh bins, very disappointing, and will not take the chance of staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SusanJjds
Caribbean R, Guest Relations Manager at Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay and I apologise we didn’t meet your expectations. We are new managers at the resort having taken over the reigns in mid September. It is our policy to accommodate guest requests wherever possible especially regarding preferred rooms for returning guests. We’re committed to getting all the apartments in top shape as they are individually furnished. We hope to offer you a more satisfactory experience if you do choose to visit us again.

Travellers are raving about these Mooloolaba hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Carribean regularly over the past 5 years and have never had a bad experience here. The location is fantastic- central and within easy walking distance to the beach, restaurants, cafés and Underwater World. Some of the decor in the apartments is a bit dated in appearance, however everything in our experience has always been working order. My husband and I have stayed here as just a couple and, more recently, as a family and have always found it to be a comfortable, friendly and reasonably priced place to stay. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Caribbean Resort. We really appreciate your comments, and are very pleased to hear that you're keen to return. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Palm Beach, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I recently stayed at thsi resort whilst running in the Gold Coast Marathon race. My race only started at 9.00am so I requested a late check out. When I I returned to check out at 11.45, the staff were rude and unhelpful. None the 3 people sitting at the desk, asked "how was our stay?" or even show the slightest interest in our visit.and basically told us we had 30 minutes to vacate. I am a travel agent and there are 1000's of places of places to book, I certainly will be taking my business elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynne P
fjohn98, Owner at Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Hi Lynne, I am a bit confused with your review. You said you were in the Gold Coast marathon thats why you were late leaving!!! IWe are on the Sunshine Coast!! When you arrived late you were asked to check in which you didn't the next day. We phoned you after 10.00 a.m. as we had no information except phone number and we had a cleaner waiting to clean your room. If you say you are a travel agent then you shoulf know checkin 2.00 p.m. check out 10.00. a.m. I actually thought you sold timeshare a bit different then travel agent. Also your cards expire at 11.00 a.m. as all do. You never contacted us at all while you were staying here so i am unsure how you could have requested a late checkout. I dont believe we were rude.
Fiji
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Another short break to the Caribbean Resort Mooloolaba

Great to see onsite restaurant has opened the menu was fantastic menu for families.

Great atmosphere...

Lifts that had been out of action are now up and running, still friendly staff, unit request was met, and fantastic time had by our family and friends.

Highly recommend it for a short break!

Room Tip: certainly recommend to you to place your request at time of booking..
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
queensland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Back again, one lift not working but is being repaired and 2 new on the way they say. New Restaurant opened on site since last time at the Caribbean. Fasta Pasta, pasta, pizza, steak and licenced as well. Family meal deals etc great. Rooftop spa just been refurbished. So close to everything. Thai, Chinese, Indian, Balinese and also on site Restaurant all within 30 Metres, again full size spa bath in room and pool and spa cave downstairs all heated and reception was so helpful. My room was clean and tidy, a little outdated but large t.v. and b/room as well full kitchen etc value fantastic. Thanks again.

Room Tip: Ask for over pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family