I have recently spent a few nights at Zanzibar with my sister and her children. We read, with interest, the mixed reviews and then booked with confidence through G1 holidays in Mooloolaba. They give you all the instructions you need to check in at any time. They have plenty of units in Zanzibar to choose from and lots of photos on their website. It's so easy, just ask them which ones have been renovated in the last few years and you will not be disappointed. The unit was spotlessly clean, with a good arrangement of cooking utensils and cutlery/crockery. Our unit had a full size fridge and oven, as well as a microwave, dishwasher (yeah) and 2 TV's and DVD players (no arguments over kid's movies). The kitchen is as big as a normal home one, which is great when you want to self-cater and don't want to spend lots of money eating out. We had no trouble cooking a roast one night using all the supplied baking trays etc.
Everything seemed to be very well maintained, so it's a pity that some of the private owners are giving Zanzibar a bad name. It won't stop us though, because we know how to get a quality unit. We slept really well on our comfy beds and have no complaints about anything.
The apartments are a minute away from the surf patrolled beach and there's lots of cafes and restaurants just downstairs. In my opinion it really is the best location on the esplanade.
Just a quick walk to the beach for the kids (and us) and they can go downstairs to get the newspaper and some lollies themselves, which they loved doing without the 2 Mums watching over them. The kids had a fantastic time swimming in the pool while we cooked a BBQ dinner and sipped on a glass (or two) of wine. I hope to go back again soon for a more extended period. Mooloolaba is a good mixture of fun and relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Mooloolaba Bay, Mantra Zanzibar offers beachside accommodation choices including 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and penthouses. You will enjoy all the resort facilities and services you need with an outdoor heated pool and spa, fully equipped gym, complimentary undercover parking, in-room internet access, tour desk, child minding and laundry service. Mooloolaba is home to many of Queensland's best attractions including UnderWater World, the Eumundi Markets and just 20 minutes drive away is the famous Australia Zoo. Located on The Esplanade we are just minutes walk from trendy sidewalk cafes, bars, restaurants and boutique stores making for a truly memorable getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Zanzibar Hotel Mooloolaba
- Zanzibar Hotel Mooloolaba
- Zanzibar Apartments
- Zanzibar Hotel Apartments