Accommodation is no where near 4 star. From stained bed linen, stained carpets, cracked crockery, little or no suitable cooking utensils this accommodation is old tired and in worse shape than the average cheap motel. Outside furniture on balcony (see pictures) gives a good insight into the quality of this accommodation. Outside barbecue area don’t seem to be serviced, so barbeques are disgusting, and although they have 2 one does not work at all.
We complained to management and were told that as all units are privately owned, there is little or nothing they can do unless the owner agrees to fix these. Frankly this should not be my problem, and should be the management company "Mantra". Maybe Mantra only manage old and tired properties. Being a big management company its seems all about their share of the take in rental with the least amount of money being spent on basic maintenance. I dont beleive that Mantra can do nothing with the ownerrs, they can simply state that if the apartment is not up to scratch, then remove it from the rental pool. Overall this is 1 to 2 star accommodation at a pretty expensive price. I think Zanzibar is trading on its old reputation.
One can do a lot better if you choose newer accommodation in the area.
We stayed at Cilento previously and although the apartment had no views of the ocean the apartment was clean very well stocked with unchipped or unbroken crockery and the management helpful and courteous. The only thing that Zanzibar has going for it is the view of the ocean due to its location, as for the rest it does not make up for a very poorly maintained and run down apartment.
Stay at Zanzibar at your own risk, and look forward to possible disappointment. You might be lucky and find a unit that is well maintained by its owners, but this cannnot be guaranteed. We had friends staying in another apartment, with torn and worn carpets, musty damp smell, and requested a change of apartment a few days later, so I don’t believe our issues are isolated.
Good luck Zanzibar, we love Mooloolaba but won’t be back staying in your apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Mooloolaba Bay, Mantra Zanzibar offers beachside accommodation choices including 2 and 3 bedroom apartments and penthouses. You will enjoy all the resort facilities and services you need with an outdoor heated pool and spa, fully equipped gym, complimentary undercover parking, in-room internet access, tour desk, child minding and laundry service. Mooloolaba is home to many of Queensland's best attractions including UnderWater World, the Eumundi Markets and just 20 minutes drive away is the famous Australia Zoo. Located on The Esplanade we are just minutes walk from trendy sidewalk cafes, bars, restaurants and boutique stores making for a truly memorable getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Zanzibar Hotel Mooloolaba
- Zanzibar Hotel Mooloolaba
- Zanzibar Apartments
- Zanzibar Hotel Apartments