My partner and I chose this place when the Landmark's spa rooms were booked out. We booked a 1bdr apartment with a 'private spa' however, there is little to no privacy involved.
We assumed that we would have a private staircase to our 'private' spa. No. You have to walk out of your room, up several flights of stairs in a dank & slippery stairwell, so take some warm clothes for the walk back! We were disappointed, but a private spa is a private spa, right?
Well, no, not if your room faces the interior of the building. Because of the L shape of the building, you can see into everybody's 'private spa' and they can all see into yours. There is no privacy screening at all to make these spas feel anywhere near 'private' - it was like being in a zoo exhibit!!
Same with the balconies overlooking the main (very, very loud) pool, the rooms to either side are angled & the walls between them not high.. there is literally no privacy anywhere unless you hole up in your room, so if that's what you're after, I suggest looking somewhere else - or make sure you get a room on the outer wall of the building.
The inside of the apartment was dated, and the bed & pillows were pretty awful, flat skinny little pillows & springs jabbing you in the bum.
However, it was clean & tidy and the location is top notch. The reception staff were lovely & very helpful. It's not luxurious by any means, but the price is good at $150 a night for a 1bdr spa apartment.
It's definitely a more family orientated place and for a family spending a week or so, or a group of friends, it would be suitable. But I wouldn't recommend it for a couple or anybody looking for some peace and quiet & a bit of privacy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nautilus is located in the heart of Mooloolaba, on Queensland's beautiful Sunshine Coast. This modern property offers 1 and 2 bedroom self contained apartments that are perfectly located within a short stroll to Mooloolaba Beach. The central location plus modern guest facilities make Nautilus Mooloolaba a perfect choice for both families and couples. Take a swim in the heated pool or simply relax in a sun lounge whilst enjoying the lush, tropical surroundings and the relaxing sound of the waterfall. Discover why the blend of modern guest facilities and quality holiday apartments makes Nautilus Mooloolaba one of the most popular accommodation choices anywhere on the Sunshine Coast. When you're not enjoying the patrolled beach, visiting the local attractions such as Underwater World or touring the hinterland, take advantage of the following facilities to get the most from your Mooloolaba holiday experience. Mooloolaba is a popular family holiday destination on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, situated between Caloundra and Noosa Heads. Nautilus Mooloolaba is perfectly located adjacent to The Wharf and Mooloolah River, just a relaxed stroll to The Esplanade and Mooloolaba Beach. Alfresco cafes, restaurants, boutique shops and Underwater World are all in close proximity when you stay at Nautilus Mooloolaba. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Nautilus Mooloolaba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nautilus Mooloolaba Hotel Mooloolaba
- Nautilus Hotel Mooloolaba