My husband and I went for a romantic holiday (2nd mini honeymoon) to tropical Cairns. We stayed at Marlin Cove on end of December, 2012. We booked a one bedroom apartment. Our apartment overlooked the lap pool, which was really nice. We didn’t use the lap pool as we hardly had time and didn’t notice anyone using it either. Which meant it was very quiet and we loved it.
We spent all day sightseeing and exploring Cairns and surrounding so we were only around in evenings and nights.
My husband saw couple of wallabies jumping around one morning and he really liked that. We once took a walk around the blue lagoon which is on the backside of the resort. This was a good excersing option too. We used the lagoon pool once and it was lovely and clean. We noticed the sauna room but being in a hot humid weather was enough for us, so we didn’t venture there either.
The resort is less than 5 minutes drive to Trinity Beach (I am not sure how far it will be on foot). Trinity is a nice beach, nice paved walk ways, nice sand and non threatening waves. We tried to see sunrise one morning, but the weather was against us. But we are 99% sure we saw a whale, which was one of the highlight of our tour.
The positives – very easy, short and smooth check in and check out. The apartment was nicely decorated and the bathroom was clean.
The negative: the crockery were not cleaned properly. Specially the frying pan had built up oil gunk. We noticed it on the evening we checked in and my husband spent over 30 minutes trying to clean the pan. We boiled water, washed it in warm soap water and what not, but it didn’t clean very well. This only proves the oil residue was built over time. I have stayed in couple of other resorts in NSW and VIC, and this was the only place where the crockery was so filthy. This has been mentioned in other reviews and I hope Marlin Cove Management looks into it. It is a serious Hygiene issue!! Other than this, my stay was really nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marlin Cove Resort at Trinity Beach is nestled on the far north coast of Queensland. This unique Trinity Beach resort is located on the Northern Beaches of Cairns and only a few minutes' walk to the beautiful Trinity Beach, restaurants and shops. The resort offers a huge saltwater lagoon pool with sandy beach, lap pool, spa, sauna, four bbqs, full size tennis court, games room and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marlin Cove Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marlin Cove Holiday Hotel Trinity Beach
- Marlin Cove Quest Hotel
- Marlin Cove Holiday Resort Trinity Beach, Cairns Region, Australia