We spent 4 nights at the Marlin Cove Resort which is on the Northern Beaches area about 20km north of Cairns. We have previously visited Cairns on numerous occasions and this visit decided to find accommodation outside the city instead of staying on the Cairns Esplanade where we normally stay. We booked a one bedroom apartment in the resort and were given probably one of the biggest one bedroom apartment we have ever stayed at. It had a separate lounge room, kitchen and dining room and a spacious bedroom and bathroom. The kitchen was well equipped with a full sized refrigerator and a dishwasher and an oven and bench-top plus a microwave oven. There were plenty of cupboards to store your clothes and a very comfortable bed. The apartment had 2 TV's and a DVD player and access to Austar TV. The resort has 2 swimming pools which were clean and the grounds were well cared for. There was also a games room but we did not visit it. There is plenty of places to eat close to the resort and you can easily walk to all of them. The best we found was the Blue Moon Grill which is located on the next roundabout. It is an award winning restaurant with a great menu and is not expensive. Also there is another great restaurant on the beach called Fratelli on Trinity that serves Italian dishes. Both restaurants are very popular so you would need to book a table in the busy periods. The bistro at the Trinity Beach Tavern is also worth a visit and is great location overlooking the sea. The food is bistro style and most main dishes were about $20. For a quick meal, fish and chips are available from the cafe on the corner of Trinity Beach Road and the esplanade.
The resort is well located for visits to the "skyrail" and all the Northern Beaches attractions including day trips to the islands and day trips to Kuranda and the Atherton Tablelands. There is a regular bus service to Cairns city if you do not have a car. Shops are close by and fresh sausages from the Sausage King are a must.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marlin Cove Resort at Trinity Beach is nestled on the far north coast of Queensland. This unique Trinity Beach resort is located on the Northern Beaches of Cairns and only a few minutes' walk to the beautiful Trinity Beach, restaurants and shops. The resort offers a huge saltwater lagoon pool with sandy beach, lap pool, spa, sauna, four bbqs, full size tennis court, games room and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Marlin Cove Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marlin Cove Holiday Hotel Trinity Beach
- Marlin Cove Quest Hotel
- Marlin Cove Holiday Resort Trinity Beach, Cairns Region, Australia