Very hard to fault this resort. It;s not five star - but you are paying 5 star either. It was everything we expected and more. For anyone wanting to be away from the hustle and bustle of Cairns itself and still be within a short drive/taxi fare from the airport it is ideal. Local bus into Cairns travels past resort and is a cheap and effective way of visiting the city for the day. All tours pick up from the resort and car hire is a 5 min walk away. Front desk staff (Steph) went out of her way to assist us with tour bookings and advise - even allowed us to check in early which we didn't expect to be able to do. The rooms are simple yet clean and plenty of room for 4 adults. Gym is very basic, however it is a beautiful location for a morning walk/run (not that we did any). Lagoon pool is in a fantastic setting and cleaned of leaf debris daily, BBQ's are within the pool grounds and we spent many hours in and around the pool. Trinity Beach itself is a wonderful spot with a nice beach and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The Blue Moon Bar & Grill is a must visit as their meals are exceptional - a bit pricey but it is very high class quality food. The resort restaurant is only open Sat nights but it is well worth the visit as the food was great and the prices were pretty good too - host (Kerry) also went out of her way to make us feel welcome. 2 bedroom unit we had was well presented and had everything we needed, full size fridge, dishwasher, plenty of relaxation room and full kitchen. Local supermarket is a 10 min walk away and if you spend over $30 they will give you and your shopping a free ride home. In summary, it was everything we were hoping for and exceeded our expectations. WE WILL BE BACK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marlin Cove Resort at Trinity Beach is nestled on the far north coast of Queensland. This unique Trinity Beach resort is located on the Northern Beaches of Cairns and only a few minutes' walk to the beautiful Trinity Beach, restaurants and shops. The resort offers a huge saltwater lagoon pool with sandy beach, lap pool, spa, sauna, four bbqs, full size tennis court, games room and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Marlin Cove Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marlin Cove Holiday Hotel Trinity Beach
- Marlin Cove Quest Hotel
- Marlin Cove Holiday Resort Trinity Beach, Cairns Region, Australia