“Not bad ... but not great”
Review of Amaroo at Trinity

Amaroo at Trinity
“Not bad ... but not great”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Booked in to Amaroo for 5 nights as we had a family function in Trinity Beach. Murray was very helpful and welcoming and gave us some great information about the local area. The room was ok, very long and narrow but big enough for just the two of us. Basic cooking facilities in the room and a balcony overlooking the ocean was great. My only complaints would be that the bathroom felt like a closet as it was very small with no space for hair styling or make up etc, and the shower is also tiny as my partner and I could barley fit together in it. Also, staying 5 nights we had no fresh toweling during our stay, and the rooms are not noise proofed at all as we could hear everything in the halls and most of next doors business.
Overall, an ok place to stay but I don't think we would stay here again I'm afraid.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Amaroo in Trinity was a very nice place to stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Only a few steps to the ocean and restaurants. I would go back there tomorrow if I could. From my balcony I could see the ocean partially however it was still magnificent.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have been staying at Amaroo for 5 years, and will probably be there later this year. We have family in Cairns and this is the perfect place for us to stay have a little holiday and catch up with our family. Always beautifully maintained, the apartments and the gardens and pool area are always in perfect condition. You can cook for hourself in your apartment, bbq down at the pool area, or go out for dinner I the nearby restaurants. The pool is supurb, and ocean is always a short walk away. Staff are always obliging and helpful. Cant stay away.

Room Tip: Ocean views to die for
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suey2756
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the apartment complex over the long weekend in June - Reception hours are limited on weekends/public holidays, but when Reception is open, they are very helpful.
The apartment was dirty (cob webs on the inside of the windows, dead dugs all over the roller blinds and a lot of dust and objects from previous occupants under the bed! Cleaner - check under the bed as well! The bed is on rollers and rolls away from the bedhead when you sit down or when you turn around at night - very annoying.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank sunlover1406
Bromsgrove, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The staff are very friendly,professional and informative. The facilities at this complex are very good, I love the pool and jacuzzi and the fact you have bbq facilities. The only thing that let's the place down is if you smoke. You can't smoke anywhere within the property ie: pool/garden areas or even your own balcony,so unfortunately you can't watch the sun set with a cold beer and a cigarette on your balcony. You will have to leave the premises. This would put me off returning, as I do enjoy relaxing on my balcony. I do think there should be some sort of designated smoking area within the grounds of the property, and the management should rethink about smokers being aloud to smoke on the balcony.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank james1044
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Great location at trinity beach! Our room had a stunning view of the ocean and was really close to the beach! The staff were very helpful and were more then willing to book tour for us and help locate a lost passport. The facilities at the hotel were excellent, the pool was gorgeous and the outdoor cooking facilities worked great. The room was very clean. Can't say enough great things about the place, our favorite accommodation during our two week stay vacationing in Queensland.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Her_too
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed at Amaroo many times over the past year as I travel to Cairns regularly for weekend work. Murray and his team go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and hassle free. As a return guest I always find a bottle of sparkling wine in the fridge for me. The units are clean and have all you need. The views are fantastic. I look forward to my next stay at Amaroo.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors for best views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business