“Island holiday”
Review of Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn - CLOSED

Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: European, Australian, International
Description: The Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn offers great country styled accommodation coupled with great country service. All 20 rooms come with ocean views and the motel is ideally situated for travelling and seeing all of the island.
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Average motel good position near sea. Bathroom needs updating, don't enjoy fighting with a shower curtain. Dinner on our first night was ok, entree salt & pepper squid over cooked, main steak & veg eye fillet good. Garden needs a little love. Handy to have a laundry available.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

My daughter and I just visited Kangaroo Island for the weekend. The staff was very nice and helpful. Alex, went out of his way to offer suggestions of the day and connected us with a great nocturnal tour. I would highly recommend the accommodations!

Reviewed 11 March 2017

While on Kangaroo Island an agent had booked us at the Seaside Inn. Driving thru the small port town of Kingscote we greeted by Chris (owner) who not just checks us but kindly explains the restaurant is closed for dinner. He also tells us that it's not a problem in that he's booked a table for us at a restaurant up the street. What we did not expect is that he would drive us there! Great guy who went out of his way to make us feel are home in a strange town. The view from our room was overlooking the cove, very quiet and super roomy. Clean! A great spot and super value. Too bad we were there just one night. A typical breakfast was included!

Motel_Manager_2015, Owner at Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for the great review and we were more than happy to help you get into town for dinner since you were off the bus without a car.
I'm glad you enjoyed your room and found it roomy.
We look forward to seeing you when you visit Kangaroo Island next.
Regards,
Alex

Reviewed 19 February 2017

I knew this motel was outside the main town but booked it as it stated 'Complimentary transfers to & from the main street of Kingscote Sunday to Thursday nights.' When I checked in the guy said it was only available to bus tour groups!!!!
We also booked a room with sea view. The sea there but couldn't see it through the filthy windows.
I thought shower curtains had gone out in the 80's, however if you must use them make sure they are not mouldy.

Motel_Manager_2015, Owner at Kangaroo Island Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

As I explained to you at the front desk we transfer guests who do not have a car into the town center which is 1km or a 10min walk form the KI Seaside Inn. This is mainly for people off tour buses who may be elderly or especially if the weather is inclement. It was unfortunate that there was some confusion over our complimentary service as you indeed had your own vehicle. We have checked all websites to ensure there is no mention of transfers for all our guest to ensure there is no confusion in the future.
We are a small family run business and work extremely hard to make sure that all our guests needs are catered for during their stay as evidenced by the great majority of our reviews.
I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your time on Kangaroo Island.
Regards,
Alex

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Just loved this place! Such a gem.. our waitress Carmen was friendly and considerate. One of the first things she said to myself and my husband was 'just relax and enjoy'... could she sense we were a bit frazzled from the day in the car with our darling kidlets? Our meals were really yummy and seemingly prepared with lots of care. The desserts were extremely nicely presented and tasted fab! My deconstructed banoffee pie with rum and raisin ice cream was exceptional. Thank-you Carmen and team for a lovely night!