We had a great night here. It is obvious that the new managers are hard workers who are trying to tidy up and fix up. They were really friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable with loads of space. 2 singles in an upstairs room, our queen in a loft type room and then another single downstairs in the lounge room - while still allowing lots of room in the lounge area. We saw the penguins with the resort staff - there were only a few penguins because of the time of year - but there would have only been a few if we'd paid $125 for the tour too. The lounge/library was cool and we enjoyed a pre-dinner drink and entrees in the lounge before we went out the penguins. The kids had a ball playing on the big lawn area in front of the rooms. Breakfast - which was included in our tariff - was a continental - basic but perfectly adequate. This is not a Sebel Resort but it doesn't pretend to be. Great place for kids, lots of space in the room and lots of safe playing space outside the room. The views are spectacular and whilst there are a few maintenance issues I think the managers are working to get on top of those. We would definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Penguins viewing at night & Beach Resort, All with Kitchens, cooktop & micowave, with Ocean beach views, Bar, Dining, Breakfast areas, Beach Apartments, 6 one bedroom upper level, 6 ground level, Two Luxury beach front and 12 Beach Shacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Diamond Island Resort & Penguin Show reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Island Hotel Bicheno
- Diamond Island Bicheno
- Diamond Island Resort & Penguin Show Bicheno, Tasmania