I seldom type reviews but was urged to do so after my recent visit to Bicheno. I booked this hotel months ago as a HK celebrity stayed here before, so I thought this must be one of the best in the area. When the date drew closer I started to look up reviews here and was very shocked by the numerous reviews saying that this resort is substandard, many even said it was the worst experience. I instantly regretted but there wasn't anything I can do as I paid in full for guarantee of reservation.
I lowered my expectation before my trip to avoid being disappointed, BUT, when I arrived at the resort i indeed W-O-W-ed. The resort room was VERY lovely and the view was SUPERB. Amenities are all good and I could not take my eyes off the beautiful view from the balcony. Although not in the Bicheno town centre, it's only 2-3 min drive from the town where there's a supermarket and lots of restaurants.
Mel who helped with my booking was very nice and helpful, answered each of my questions into detail and when we met during breakfast we also had a casual chat.
My hubby and I were VERY HAPPY of our stay and we would recommend our friends here too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Penguins viewing & Beach Resort, with large Conference area with Ocean beach views, Bar, Dining, Breakfast areas, Private Dining room, Beach Apartments, 6 one bedroom upper level, 6 ground level, Two Luxury beach front Double level one bedroom Apartments and 12 Beach Shacks. Some with spa units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Diamond Island Resort & Penguin Show reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Island Hotel Bicheno
- Diamond Island Bicheno
- Diamond Island Resort & Penguin Show Bicheno, Tasmania