“superb food, excellent service”
Review of Cyrano Restaurant - CLOSED

Cyrano Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“superb food, excellent service”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

The review title says it all. Only quibble was that Cyrano is unlicensed. Regular patrons would know, but in a tourist town such as Bicheno there are always many who would expect such a great place to be licensed.

Visited January 2013

St Albans, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My husband and I went to this restaurant while travelling through Tasmania, normally we would check trip adviser but we had no signal.

This restaurant had a trip adviser sticker on the door so we went in.
We order herb bread which was great. It went down hill after that, overall a very disappointing
Experience and over priced.

Mary

• Visited December 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty decent steak”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

My wife and I arrived without a booking since it was midweek in off-season. There was only the waitress and the chef as well as 4 other couples sitting. The waitress asked permission to the chef if she could sit us and with an exasperated sigh she agreed as we must have looked hungry. Once seated, they had to turn away another couple as they were unable to cope with the extra patrons. The steak I ordered was pretty good - it was served by itself with a sprig of lettuce. Assuming the leaf was my salad I ate my meal. When I was finished my salad arrived. I ate that and finally my potatoes arrived. I assume this is the way they do things - serve when ready- we didn't complain as we felt lucky to be served without a booking. My wife's dish (scallops) was decent as well - no complaints. Service was slow but I assume the poor girl was washing dishes in between orders.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Cheryl B
Townsville, Australia
“A taste sensation, but slow.”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My wife and I had a 7 pm booking on a Tuesday night. We were the first to arrive and were informed by the lovely waitress that the rack of lamb would take 55 minutes as it was all cooked from scratch. My wife ordered a chicken/tomato/mushroom dish (not sure what it was called). We decided to have an entree to pass the time until the mains were cooked. The garlic bread, as everyone before me has said, was absolutely delicious. Our mains arrived about 70 minutes after we ordered. The rack of lamb was excellent and my wife's chicken was quite nice, but overpriced at $35. The decor was similar to a cafe and there was no ambience. I'm not sure that a 70 + minute wait is warranted and comments from others ring alarm bells about the consistency of this business.

• Visited November 2012
“Good French experience in Tasy”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Excellent whirwind of flavours that explodes on your tastebuds with a sensational after-taste created by the fusion of fresh ingredients. Madamme Chef is considered a local treasure and Cyrano is definitely a must try if you chance upon the town of Bicheno during your travels in Tasmania.