“The best French food I've had, but will be a slow meal ! So suck it up, enjoy!”
Review of Cyrano Restaurant - CLOSED

Cyrano Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have eaten here at least 10 times over the years, and travelled from Hobart on 3 occasions on a Saturday to stay the night in Bicheno, just to enjoy the food.. I have eaten in French resaurants all over the world and the food here is second to none and better than anything I have found in Hobart, Melbourne or Sydney. Yes it IS slow, so take a chill pill and relax. Wine needs to be bought at the local bottle shop. The owner/chef does this for love, and all herself. Amazing. If some people have had poor food then I cant understand as every meal that me and my partner have had has been fantastic, and in our family we tasts everyones!
Decor is ordinary, but that isnt the reason to go.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I came with friends, prepared for a relaxed night of dining. True, if you're in a hurry this is probably not the place to go as everything is cooked from scratch, but good food is worth waiting for! We had a variety of entrees and mains, the duck a l'orange and herbed rack of lamb were amazing. Desserts of crepes and mousse au chocolate were the perfect way to end the night. Bring some local wine...

1  Thank Lily L
Reviewed 26 February 2013

All 6 of us loved this restaurant. We each enjoyed what we had chosen, which was prepared from scratch by Christiane, who came to check how we had enjoyed it afterwards. It was a quiet night, so we had wonderful service, and superb food. Maybe when busy it may become slow, as no corners are cut in food preparation! Totally recommend!

1  Thank Rosemary M
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Well where do i begin i don't mean to sound uptight however, we waited for 35min before the herb bread was served then our meal came out rack of lamb with a side dish of burnt potatoes and a side plate of mixed lettuce no dressing. This restaurant was talked up more then what it was worthey of

Reviewed 15 January 2013

The review title says it all. Only quibble was that Cyrano is unlicensed. Regular patrons would know, but in a tourist town such as Bicheno there are always many who would expect such a great place to be licensed.