“Love it!”
Review of Empire Hotel

Empire Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Deloraine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I have never eaten in at the Empire Hotel, only gotten take-away, but have always been most impressed with my meals. There is plenty to choose from, the prices are reasonable and the food is always prepared quickly. Yum!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank RLG2121

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Visited Saturday night just gone,I had a green curry, partner had a seafood combination stirfry. We both really enjoyed our meals.

Have eaten there previously and meals have always been good.

Didn't stay in the accommodation this time, but have previously stayed in the Thai themed room. There is also a Japanese themed room. They are lovely rooms unfortunately no ensuites though.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2011

In recent times, we travelled extensively throughout W.A, N.T, Tasmania and our home State of Queensland. We like dining out. A lot. My partner is a self confessed 'foodie' and I like very rare (blue) steak. Throughout our travels we dined out an estimated three times weekly. Over the last twelve months, this makes for approximately 150 dining experiences. I would have ordered about 100 steaks.

Frequently, we needed to explain to waiting personell what a 'blue steak' meant ( including both english and non-english speaking staff) Even so, many of the steaks were actually presented on my plate in a medium rare condition. On the odd occasion they came out rare, but were so fat, grizzly and chuncky to be rendered inedible. Indeed, after consuming some 80 plus streaks, I gave up on steak for a few weeks lest I be disappointed.

Whilst visiting Deloraine, my foodie partner pointed out the Empire Hotel, indicating that 'hey, perhaps they do a good steak, whaddayareckon?' I realised it was the Thai food that lured him, but never mind, being an optimist I decided to order a blue steak.

What a delightful, mouth watering surprise! This unobtrusive, unpretentious restaurant delivered what was unquestionably the best steak I have ever had the pleasure to introduce to my refined taste buds! An unmitigated winner! We came back the next night and again they delivered! An absolute treat, and imagine our sheer culinary joy ( Yes, my partner simply LOVED the Thai dishes!) in finding this restaurant.

The only down side of all this is that we actually live way up in North Queensland. We have sufficient dining experiences to realise that no other restaurant is going to surpass the Empire Hotel. So I guess we will have to come back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple