“Benson Lodge”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Benson Lodge

Undercover secure parking
Quality complimentary toiletries
Terrific motel alternative
Detached and private
Clean separate bathroom with toilet, basin & shower
Wind down and relax
Bar fridge and local information
Wide range of complimentary breakfast provisions
Fresh milk and cold water for your convenience
Relax in the shady garden
Relax  and kick back ......
Experience the award winning Art Gallery
View 180+ species of birds at the Winton Wetlands
Cycle Friendly with numerous tracks for all riders
Soar high at the Gliding Club of Victoria
Here come the World Championships January 2017
Cosy dining space
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Eva L
Moe, Australia
“Benson Lodge”
Reviewed 1 August 2015 for a stay in May 2015

t is not often one has a big win in making a blind booking for accommodation.

Well mine had little chance of getting a weekend booking in the country area, when the well known big event of Winton Historic Motor Racing (Austin 7 Club and Historic Motor Cycle Association) an annual classic.

But it happened; I had been hunting from 3 months previous; everything was booked out.

The unit "Benson Lodge' (not named at time) had been renovated just weeks before my booking date; and is separate from the main homestead ' Benson House'. (too big in size and cost for one bloke) one weekend.

Being the last weekend in May, and June 1st seeing in the start of our winter climate; and proper accommodation is important for one in his 70s; (historic).

"Benson Lodge" was warm and comfortable; my hosts were generous with breakfast supplies, I had a queen size bed to my self and nicely renovated. This setup a very enjoyable weekend on my annual get-together with interstate competitive friends, all of us re-enacting for youth.

There is only one thing I have to do; the large garden area with outdoor furniture requires a mid week stay with Eva in late spring and/or early autumn (it too hot in summer) to enjoy the outdoor in the twilight will be a must.

Touring the local wineries and tasting in the shade on return, and also during the stay; only walking distance to the local art gallery and botanical gardens.

Oh;! I have already booked for 2016 Winton 40th year Classic Historic Cars and Motorbikes weekend.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was up to the expectation as was verbally arranged
Liked least: There was nothing negative to say about my stay
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
2 Aug 2015
Many thanks for your kind comments. We look forward to hosting you again in the not to distant future and sharing the delights of Benalla and district.
angiecass...
Manila, Philippines
“Great short stay option”
Reviewed 28 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Ray is a very hospitable host and the studio accommodation is a great short stay option - affordable, clean; cosy with heating & aircon; and even a range of movies. It backs onto a shared rear garden area as the main house can be rented as well. As the garden has so many sections this would not be a problem even if house was rented by someone else. Ray provides everything you need for breakfast (great muesli!) inc. a coffee pod machine. I stayed one night longer than I intended - was very happy in beautiful Benalla (can recommend the one hour lake circuit walk too) Thanks again Ray!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Javedblak...
“Great service and amazing lodge”
Reviewed 30 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Had a wonderful stay at the benson lodge :) Ray, the friendly owner, did everything to ensure my stay was comfortable! Loved the huge bed, spacious bathroom and plasma TV! Would highly recommend :)

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
9 Jul 2015
Dear Traveler. Thank you for choosing Benson Lodge and for your positive review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to having you again as a guest in our accommodation.
Clare H
Victoria, Australia
“Perfect place to stay”
Reviewed 17 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I stayed at Benson Lodge when I was on my university placement last month. Ray was there to greet me soon after I arrived and ensured that I was comfortable and had everything I needed. Benson Lodge is so close to everything in town, and I was amazed at how easy it was to find, having never been to Benalla before. I cannot thank Ray enough for his hospitality before, during and after my stay, I felt as though I was at a home away from home. It was so comfortable, felt really safe and the room was the same as what was advertised! It is the perfect type of accommodation for singles or couples travelling. I will be coming back to stay here if I was around the area again. Thanks for a wonderful stay and Benson Lodge Ray!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!! It was so comfortable and enjoyable.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Friends getaway People with pets
23 Jun 2015
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay.
TheCRAWSo...
Melbourne, Australia
“A comfortable and warm home for a winter escapre”
Reviewed 15 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

This property is very comfortable and well set up. Great host who looked after all our needs and gave us advise on what to do in the area. He even texted with a weather update the next morning and a new suggestion of what to do - walk in the Warby ranges - which we did.

Breakfast was great with plenty of options.

Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
23 Jun 2015
It was a pleasure to host you. We love to assist our guests to maximise their stay in our district.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing