“Holiday Motel”
Review of Coachman Motel

Coachman Motel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Cowes
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here for a single night, as a part of a road-trip around NSW/Victoria. Obviously, Cowes is more of a destination than a point on the journey, in general, and I guess many visitors to the Coachman Motel would stay for a holiday not just for a night.

It wouldn't be a bad place for that. My room was comfortable and well set-up. I was pleased that it had a panel heater rather than a reverse-cycle air conditioner - it quietly heated the room very efficiently. The room also had a full separate food area - complete with its own sink - separate from the bathroom, making it a bit more substantial than you'd find in most motels.

The welcome at the front desk was a little chilly perhaps. Maybe my attire was scuffy. Maybe they just don't like to chat. I don't know - nothing was lacking though, really.

The place is an easy walk to all the restaurants and facilities of Cowes. Even in the rain, I didn't get too wet. And I was able to go for a jog along the sea-front before dinner.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
RobinM204_13, Manager at Coachman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for your very comprehensive review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm sorry I seemed chilly.
Cheers

There are newer reviews for Coachman Motel

Reviewed 24 July 2013

After reading the few bad reviews you are always hesitate to book. So we rang the lady Robyn and she was so nice she gave us 3 rooms for just over 320 aud that was 2 family rooms and 1 one double room. So after discussing we decided to stay and we weren't let down. My friends wanted the wifi strange away where i just wanted to go to bed and we were all so happy as its great to get what you want. We also enjoy the fact everything was walking distance to the small town of cowes that has shops, places to eat, cafes etc. Thank you to Robyn and team for providing my friends an I what we wanted a nice place to stay, warm bed, warm shower and a clean room.

We will continue to come back and recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Free wifi, walking distance to the shops. If you want to save money I would advice buy something fro...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lecoolest01
RobinM204_13, Manager at Coachman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. Josef and I are so pleased you were comfortable and enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.
Cheers

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed 1 night at this motel. There were 4 couples and 1 baby in our group so we booked 2 2-bedroom apartments, 1 meant for 4 persons and the other for 5 persons. The apartment for 5 persons was better than the other. We were able to connect to the free wifi whereas the other apartment had zero connection. The apartment for 5 persons was dirtier though. There was a couch in the living room and the couch looked like it hasn't been cleaned in a long while.

The shower in both apartments was terrible. The bathroom was super cold and the shower cubicle was small. The water was super cold at one moment and super hot at another. Can you imagine cold water gushing out from your shower when you are bathing in winter where temperature at night was like 8 degrees?

What upset me most was on the night when we checked in, I checked with the reception if we could leave our cars in the carpark of the motel the next morning as we were going for whale watching and come back to collect our cars after the whale watching. The lady at the reception told me that it was not a problem. However the next day after our whale watching, we were scolded when we went back for our cars. The same lady said that nobody asked her if we could leave our cars there. I was super pissed off with her attitude so will definitely not recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank wlht79
RobinM204_13, Manager at Coachman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

It is strange that one of the units could not connect to the internet. I feel that there must have been a problem with the devise used as we have had guests in both the units all week and they had no trouble connecting to the internet.
If there was a problem with the water you only needed to pick the phone up and call reception and it would have been checked immediately. We are on the property 24/7 to attend to guests concerns.
There is never a problem with our guests leaving their cars on the property till early afternoon but not after 2pm; as we all know that is the time new guests are due to arrive. I am sure you would have been 'super pissed offed' if you came to check-in and there was a car occupying your space and the owners of the car could not be contacted (the only contact phone number given was an overseas one).

Reviewed 24 June 2013

The room was clean and tidy. Not luxurious but good enough. Free wifi in our unit, which was a clear added plus. Our kitchen stove wasn't functioning, and after the owner came to inspect, handed us the key to the neighboring unit (which was vacant) for us to use the stove there - certainly a nice gesture.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank EarthTraveler13
RobinM204_13, Manager at Coachman Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Sorry about the stove, it is now fixed.
All the best

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

The motel was outdated and run down. There was stains on the bed sheets and the towels. We could here everything that was happening in the room next to us. The location was good though. $169 for a single night was a joke though, the photos online must have been from a different room as our room looked nothing like it.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Quirkycatty
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

I spent 2 nights with my girlfriend at the coachman, we booked the studiospa room, it was well clean and big, they also have a cheap deal for it.
The welcome was friendly and they where really available, you can choose the breakfast that is bring straight to your bedroom in the morning.
In 10 minutes is possible reach the Penguin Parade and Nobbies, or have a walk on the esplenade of Cowes, just out the door.
During the low season the place is quiet, ideal for a weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
All the best

Reviewed 6 May 2013

The motel was clean and tidy and the managers were very friendly. It was booked using Wot-if and was everything that one would expect of an in town motel. Very conveniently positioned for all of Philip Island attractions - the Penguin Parade, the coastline and the various towns,

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple