I stayed here for a single night, as a part of a road-trip around NSW/Victoria. Obviously, Cowes is more of a destination than a point on the journey, in general, and I guess many visitors to the Coachman Motel would stay for a holiday not just for a night.
It wouldn't be a bad place for that. My room was comfortable and well set-up. I was pleased that it had a panel heater rather than a reverse-cycle air conditioner - it quietly heated the room very efficiently. The room also had a full separate food area - complete with its own sink - separate from the bathroom, making it a bit more substantial than you'd find in most motels.
The welcome at the front desk was a little chilly perhaps. Maybe my attire was scuffy. Maybe they just don't like to chat. I don't know - nothing was lacking though, really.
The place is an easy walk to all the restaurants and facilities of Cowes. Even in the rain, I didn't get too wet. And I was able to go for a jog along the sea-front before dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200 Meters to safe beach, shops,& restaurants Penguin Parade 10 mins drive. Quiet family motel Solar heated outdoor swimming pool, heated outdoor spa,BBQ area Guest laundry. Free WIFI to all rooms and units ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coachman Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coachman Hotel Phillip Island
- Coachman Motel Phillip Island/Cowes, Australia