“This Quest reaffirms my view that they are a great chain”

Quality Suites Beaumont Kew
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kew
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I've stayed in a number of Quest apartments around Australia over the years and never had a problem with them. This experience was exactly the same. Clean & comfy rooms, reasonably priced for their location and the extra benefits of having a kitchenette and parking space. Cheaper than most hotels in the area (that don't even offer parking spaces).

The first room I checked into did have a strange smell, but when I advised reception they instantly changed rooms for me and even upgraded me, which was a pleasant surprise. All up great service the whole time.

The breakfast was nothing to complain about and having (N)espresso coffee available instead of instant was a winner in my books.

Will definitely stay again for my next work trip to Melbourne.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Liz G, Owner at Quality Suites Beaumont Kew, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Quest Beaumont Kew. We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience. We added the Nespresso machine to our Breakfast buffet earlier this year which are proved very popular with our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Stayed in an Executive studio room - very surprised at how small the room was and appalled at the size and location of the bathroom. Bathroom was literally the size of a wardrobe with transluscent perspex walls. When lying in bed, the toilet was located half a metre from your head (behind the wall, of course). Bedside shelf with sharp edges was very close to bed at head height when lying down - bit dangerous for restless sleepers. Room we occupied was at the front of the building which meant that the footpath, bus stop and busy main road were all within a couple of metres of the floor length window. Noisy!! Access to Reception and breakfast area was via the footpth/street to the next building. At breakfast a list of guests names with their room number is displayed in order that you can mark your attendance. Certainly privacy not taken into account here. Staff efficient but not overly friendly. All in all a very disappointing experience.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the front of the buildings
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank Charkle
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My family of 4 stayed in an open plan room with two queen beds for 1 night mid week. Our room was on the 3rd floor and there was no lift, but my kids loved the stairs anyway. It was easy to find and our room was clean and modern and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom is actually part of the main room, separated only by frosted glass. This could be awkward depending on who you are sharing your room with. The location was good, being a short drive to both Victoria Gardens shopping centre (IKEA) and Studley Park Boathouse etc. It was a 2 minute walk to Leo's (a pricey but excellent supermarket) and a fabulous Pizza place. We also had breakfast at the QPO which was a 5 minute walk and a nice way to start the day. Parking was only $7 which is a bargain compared to staying in the CBD.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Stayed in the main hotel building for a week.
Overall it's neat and comfortable, however I don't feel the staff is cleaning the room properly (maybe just make the bed...bathroom not properly covered, hair conditioner/gel stuff not being replaced even once...tea bags etc not being refilled as well...)

The staff at the front reception is helpful though, internet is expensive and VPN is not working by some reason(I don't know if this is common in Melbourne)

Other than that, location is good (Tram 48 and 109) stops just 2 mins from the hotel at the big junction at Kew to city center...

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BerryNi24
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I stayed here on two seperate occasions recently for 1 night on Saturday nights. I stayed in the queen executive room and then the twin queen executive room. Overall I will say that the rooms are very modern, clean (though carpet was stained) and high quality - the twin executive room was very good and large in particular and had a bigger and better bathroom too, breakfast was not so good though and there was no hot breakfast, fruit was supplied in a tub.

On each of the two occasions I stayed there was 1 issue with the room, which in both cases weren't major issues. The first time the aircon did not work. The second time, we started cooking eggs at 3:30am after a night out. When we went to turn off the electric stove, the stove stayed on, on a low temperature. It was broken and could not be turned off. When we rang reception, the girl was apparently not very friendly (my friend spoke to her) and did not want to come and have a look, after a couple of calls she told us where the power box was for the whole room and we managed to get the stove off via the power box. On the other occasions I dealt with the staff (only dealt with one girl) she was great and very friendly.

If I needed to stay in or near to Kew I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We stayed at this hotel in December 2010. We had an executive room on the top level.
We were very unhappy with our room and experience.
The carpet was putrid - big black stains everywhere.
The bed was hard as a rock! The bed was also immediately next to the door (so you can hear every little noise from the hall way!) and less than 1/2 metre from the toilet! My husband and i found this very off putting!
There was no ventilation in the bathroom.
There was no lift - normally would be ok but we were travelling with 2 big heavy suitcases.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loz_8
beaumontkew, Manager at Quality Suites Beaumont Kew, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2011

Dear Guest,
We would like to take this chance to apologise for your experience. We want to assure you that this is not acceptable to us, in relation to the carpets being dirty, this issue is being address. The rooms are of a contemporay and modern design and therefore have the bathrooms reflect this. With relation to there being no lift in most cases we are reception staff are able to assist you with your luggage and special requests to be on a lower level can be made on time of booking.
We apologise that this was not satisfactory as we do value our customers. Management has taken on board your comments and is currently working at addressing them.

Reviewed 25 August 2010

I have stayed in this place 3 times now on business and I don't think I'll be back. The front desk staff are always friendly and polite.

The first time I stayed here I had a room on the newer part which was very modern, clean & comfortable. The next time I stayed, I was in a room in the main building on the left of the hall which was ok but not as nice as the first. The third time I was in a room in the main building on the right of the hall. It was run down, the Aircon was noisy, there was food left in the fridge from the previous guests and the bathroom was like stepping back to 1983.

Next time I'll be looking somewhere else

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank Malnclaire
beaumontkew, Manager at Quality Suites Beaumont Kew, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2010

Dear Valued Guest, We thank you for your feedback and apologise for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at Quest Beaumont Kew. All our rooms have been refurbished recently with new carpets,beds, furniture and TV's and we are continuely improving the rooms. The Housekeepers do clean out the fridges and my apologise for this being missed, we have addressed this issue with our staff.
In an instance such as this, we ask guests to notify reception of any issues with the rooms so that we can immediately manage the situation, we are able to put preference on your room type that is prefered and by booking the executive rooms you are gauranteed the ones that are newer and more modern. We are sorry that your stay was disappointing so please feel free to contact us directly should you require anything further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kew
Hotel 115 Kew, BW Premier Collection
#3 of 3 in Preston
Quest Ivanhoe
Quest Ivanhoe
#1 of 1 in Ivanhoe

Been to Quality Suites Beaumont Kew? Share your experiences!