“It was basic and cold!”
Review of Pathfinder Motel

Pathfinder Motel
Pathfinder Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Kew
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We phoned before arriving as we were checking in late and received good service by Doris. The room was basic but clean. The bathroom window was open and could not be closed which made it very very cold. The heater in the main room didn't work properly and seemed to be stuck on a very low temperature. Being a 0 degree night in Melbourne this made it very cold with only 2 extra blankets for 4 beds. In the morning half of the electrical appliances in the room stopped working...the heater included. On calling reception there was "nothing they could do". The breakfast was basic but ok. Probably wont stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank chmalu

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The staff were helpful, the location convenient for where we need to go, the room was "OK' the bathroom cold, noisy and had a constant draft. The bed was at best fair, the heating had no thermostat control, our circumstances changed so we went home

Room Tip: get a room away from the road
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart Q
Reviewed 4 December 2013

DISGUSTING ROOMS----HORRIBLE EMPLOYEES--- If you don't want to be screamed at by the "workers" I suggest you save your money and DO NOT stay here!!!!!! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!! Don't even consider staying here. It will wreck your whole stay! I can't even believe how bad I have been treated. It is disgusting. I have never been spoken to so horribly by anyone, especially from a lady on hotel reception..

• Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank ShishkaR
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed one night at this motel, the worst motel I have by far ever been at, firstly the room we were given was someone else's, we went inside and luggage and peoples belongings inside, we were then given another room.... Disgusting, dirty, not 3 stars. Staff member rude and very very very nasty..... Upsetting terrible worst stay ever, would rather sleep in the gutter with rats.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Ccbdev
Reviewed 28 June 2013

If I was asked "where you would recommend staying, a bus shelter or the Pathfinder Motel"? Hands down the bus shelter everytime.

Checked in for 3 nights and during my stay have been moved to 4 different rooms. First room the tv didnt work, 2nd smelt like smoke and 3rd room I had to move out for someone else.

The lady at reception/manager was rude and of no assistance with any questions I had, and the rooms are very old and run down.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Pass12345
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Planned to stay here for three nights but the room was dirty, small and very hot, the furnishings were old and unpleasant. We had checked whether there was air-conditioning as temperatures were in high 30s, there was a unit but it was very loud and had very little effect.
The standard was so poor we decided not to stay here, at $110 a night we expected something basic but clean. The desk was unattended when we arrived and the lady's English wasn't the best. She said because we were cancelling with less than 24 hours notice we'd be charged 10% of the first night ($11). We ended up being charged $55 on the wrong credit card. I had to call three times for a refund before the manager called me back.When I finally spoke to her she said they had 'made a mistake it should have been 50% of the first night not 10% and the hotel is 50 years old we should have come to check the standard before we booked' she was rude and refused to refund the difference even though it was their mistake. Terrible from start to finish.

We ended up at the Quest in Kew for $140 a night - 2 stories, 3 bedrooms, new, air-conditioned and clean with lovely staff, no comparison.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SooperTripper
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was comfortable in my room at the Pathfinder. As I wanted to stay in Kew, I found it good value. Plenty of parking. The decor is old but the room was clean airy and light with a/c. The breakfast was fine. My window faced north which I enjoyed for some winter warmth, and it was nice to open to a little balcony. Pool not inviting, but didn't concern me. By the photos, I thought it was nearer to shops to walk. tram out front. Did not notice traffic noise.

Room Tip: I wanted upstairs and I liked a north facing room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kew
Glenferrie Hotel
Chapel Street
Hotel Claremont
Hotel Claremont
#117 of 161 in Melbourne

Been to Pathfinder Motel? Share your experiences!