“Gone downhill; terrible coffee.”
Review of Kafe Kaos

Kafe Kaos
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Lorne
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We've been going here for years. Service has been patchy but the food has been generally edible and coffee reliable. Always love the touches like the big board of power plugs for people to recharge their phones after falls festival. And the outside tables on Mountjoy Parade are great in summer.
So I've been twice in the past fortnight and both times I've thought this place no longer has the vibe or quality of food it once had. Today after terrible coffee, weak and barely tepid, I decided that's my last visit until I hear they've got their act together again. I also ordered the banana porridge. A huge bowl - I mean a ridiculous amount - of dry gluggy porridge with a few bits of banana on top. Just not at all enticing. That's disappointing because there is not a lot of places for a good breakfast in Lorne.
Come on Cafe Kaos; please don't rely on the fact that you don't have much competition - you can do much better.

There are newer reviews for Kafe Kaos

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Warm, friendly welcome awaits visitors to the Kafe Kaos, along with a sound menu and nice coffee, albeit in quite small cups.

Come as you are here, there are no pretensions here and great for large groups.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We decided not to have breakfast at the hotel but decided to drive into Lorne on the way to the 12 apostles. We arrived around about 9 in the morning and although the place was busy found a table for the 7 of us which included three hungry kids. The breakfast was amazing and the coffee and juices were excellent. Would definitely recommend this to an alternative to a hotel breakfast especially if you are traveling early morning!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Lovely friendly and attentive staff - good choice of breakfasts (which is what we were in for) and best coffee on the strip. If you're staying at Cumberland Resort don't bother with Frangos and Frangos for breakfast (even though it's conveniently located downstairs there are much better options on the strip) - this is the place to go.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Came in at 8am for a pre business breakfast. Chose the booth at the back mainly because it was near the phone charging station (picture). Cool idea.
I had a great breakfast of eggs on sour dough, my friend had Canadian pancakes with bacon and my other friend had the beans. All big serves - could hardly finish them.
Coffee and juice was great.
Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Location central, parking great and prices reasonable. Nice atmosphere. Would like to return for morning or afternoon tea as the brownies looked fabulous.

1  Thank UrbanDrifter