“Made my taste buds dance”
Review of Mexican Republic

Mexican Republic
Ranked #20 of 46 Restaurants in Lorne
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Recommended by our B'n'B hosts, we went looking for this little restaurant.
Don't judge a book by its cover, the food was great - yummy corn with chipotle mayo and a variety of tacos.

I'll be back when I'm next in Lorne.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Found this place on a recommendation and tried a few different dishes. Food was fantastic! Friendly service. Try the char grilled corn and pulled pork Tacos.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stumbled upon this funky little Mexican place whilst on a weekend away. I have an onion allergy and can only say that the team at Mexican Republic were so accommodating!! We both ordered beef burritos and they were great, very flavoursome. Service was friendly, music was good and food came out quickly. I wish this place wasn't so far from Melbourne, will have to come back!

1  Thank Allanah S
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were staying the night in Lorne looking for something reasonably priced that is family friendly, we had done some research before leaving home & we weren't disappointed with this place. It is just off the main street, only small & they don't take bookings, we arrived at 6pm and the place was full by 6.30pm, extra seating outside with heaters but a bit too chilli for us! The food came quick which suited us & it was fantastic, really tasty, small quantities so we ordered extra, it was beautiful, the menu had enough on it to satisfy 2 adults & 2 older kids, no deserts though. I would definately recommend this place to try, they are also about to open another one in Geelong so look out for them there also.

1  Thank 73Chelle73
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had a meal with family here in one of the booths in the small restaurant. I loved the fresh and tasty food. In fact I had the best burrito ever here. Others didn't find it as tasty but it's worth trying different options. Service was great and friendly. A fun and different option when in town.