“Clean, bright, comfortable...”

Coal Valley Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Morwell
“Clean, bright, comfortable...”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We stayed here during tenpin bowling state championships. The room was very welcoming, clean, large & bright; and the beds very comfortable for a great sleep after a full day of bowling. Graeme & Sandra were wonderful hosts, offering to store the meat trays we won in the RSL raffle in their commercial fridge. I found them very pleasant to deal with during the whole booking, checking in & checking out experience. We loved the attention to detail in the small garden areas - with so many little ornaments keeping us smiling. We have not stayed anywhere else in Morwell to compare with, but would certainly recommend Coal Valley Motor Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank striken

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Yarrawonga, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed 2 nights and were put in an upstairs room - quite annoying with 2 children and only a couple of other rooms occupied. Very hot weather and the sun coming straight in the front windows made it very hard to cool down the room with the old style air conditioner. The bathroom was outdated . By the looks of the photos they have refurbished some of the rooms but obviously not the one we stayed in. The pool and spa was also unavailable due to it being damaged 6 months previously and waiting on an insurance claim = 2 very disappointed (and hot) little girls.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I stayed at the Coal Valley Motor Inn recently for work. I did not choose the place myself but was delightfully surprised at what a lovely place it was. I was greeted on check in by the friendly receptionist, who went out of her way to ensure I had everything I needed including assisting to order hot breakfast for the morning. When I arrived in my room it was clean, neat and smelled of freshly laundered linen. I enjoyed cups of tea in my room that night which watching AusStar and slept well, when the time came, in the comfortable King bed. In the morning I received a call from reception to let me know that my hot breakfast was to be delivered shortly. It was delicious! The scrambled eggs were perfectly cooked and the bacon slightly crispy. The serving was VERY GENEROUS! A delightfully home cooked taste too. I would highly recommend staying at this very confortable inn whether you're in the area or passing through.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

After a hard days work, we staying in this lovely place, we were so grateful for a warm shower. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. We were so happy to get the king size bed, with clean and soft sheets.
The reception service was very easy going and helpful. I would thoroughly recommend it and am definitely staying there again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 12 July 2012

If you are looking for a good place to put your head down in a warm room, on a comfortable, clean bed in a good atmosphere with plenty of space to move around while you are in Morwell, then the Coal Valley Motor Inn is the place to go. What I like is the warm greeting of the Managers and knowing that nothing seems to be too much trouble for them. I love the cleanliness of the property, especially the clean showers with plenty of hot water. I have stayed in the standard rooms and the Deluxe. The king size is just perfect.

Over the past 5 years I have stayed at the Coal Valley Motor Inn in Morwell each time I come to Morwell (3 times in the past 8 weeks.) I would highly recommend the Coal Valley Inn in Morwell to anyone. Cathie Brisbane

Room Tip: Didn't try Meals if it is as good as every thing else, look no further, Very happy with everythi...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathie C
Reviewed 25 June 2012

When we arrived it was raining and cold, but Sandra gave us such a warm welcome,it was just great. Nothing was too much trouble. Very happy with our room, clean and bright, and outside on the pathway to the room, a lot of work has gone into the garden bed beds. Neat and well trimmed, with all sorts of little ornaments, birds little stone figure,s,etc hiding in the shrubs, or just sitting on rocks waiting to be found, great to look at and perfect for little people to see how many they can see.or find. Breakfast was delivered to our room, excellant, nice and hot and very tasty, not greasy,.
Marie

Room Tip: We stayed in a Dulexe Queen Room. Very clean comfortable. Breakfast menu gave a great choice. Yes...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marie B
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Room was very clean nice decor, beds very comfortable had a great night sleep, breakfast in morning was perfect size and hot! had a very enjoyable stay will definately return.

Room Tip: The delux rooms are on the ground floor, easy access
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank NJThomas11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morwell
Morwell Motel
#2 of 8 in Traralgon
Farnham Court Motel
Farnham Court Motel
#1 of 6 in Morwell

Been to Coal Valley Motor Inn? Share your experiences!