Just returned from a lovely weekend at The Pheasant, a gorgeous small local country pub/restaurant with attached rooms. From the warm welcome by the hosts and staff, to the very clean, comfortable, spacious modern room (super comfortable bed!) and the excellent location in some stunning, tranquil Essex countryside, this is the perfect place for a relaxing walking break. The atmosphere in the pub is warm and friendly and the food is excellent, so much so that we made a detour in our afternoon ramble after we had checked out so that we could eat there again before we finally left for the day. We will definitely go back and will be recommending it to all our friends too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded Best AA Pub for England 2015 and Pub of the Year for Alistair Sawdays 2015 The Coach House at the Pheasant 5 Star Inn AA rated, offering luxury accommodation on the Essex/Suffolk border. Our charming country pub has an excellent reputation for its fresh, seasonal menu and relaxed atmosphere. Entry into the Good Food Guide and Michelin Guide 2013/2014/2105/2016. James & Diana Donoghue the owners are hands-on every day to make sure that your stay is superb. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Coach House at The Pheasant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coach House At The Pheasant Hotel Gestingthorpe
- The Coach House At The Pheasant Gestingthorpe, Essex