My wife and I stayed for one night to celebrate my 60th birthday. It's a great location out in the country and there are some nice walks from The Pheasant itself.
We were made very welcome and enjoyed a drink in the bar before being shown to our room which was very nicely decorated and well appointed.
The evening meal and breakfast the following day were excellent.
We hope to return again one day - perhaps for my 65th birthday, if I make it that far!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded Best AA Pub for England 2015 and Pub of the Year for Alistair Sawdays 2015 The Coach House at the Pheasant 5 Star Inn AA rated, offering luxury accommodation on the Essex/Suffolk border. Our charming country pub has an excellent reputation for its fresh, seasonal menu and relaxed atmosphere. Entry into the Good Food Guide and Michelin Guide 2013/2014/2105/2016. James & Diana Donoghue the owners are hands-on every day to make sure that your stay is superb. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Coach House at The Pheasant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coach House At The Pheasant Hotel Gestingthorpe
- The Coach House At The Pheasant Gestingthorpe, Essex